Job Openings: Vice President of Human Resources (Richmond)
|Announcement Date:||June 17, 2020|
|Location of Position:||Richmond|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Based on need|
|Hours:||Based on need|
Argent Credit Union is currently seeking a Vice President of Human Resources. Responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources department and developing employee services strategies that support the overall organizational business needs and strategic plan. Specifically, the Vice President of Human Resources will manage talent recruitment, onboarding and growth, employee engagement development initiatives, human resource policy and compliance management, and payroll and employee benefits program. Responsibilities include providing active human resource guidance to executive management team within organizational policy and legislative compliance.
- Act as primary contact for all Human Resource and Employee Services matters.
- Greet and assist internal/external clients and business partners in accordance with Argent Credit Union’s mission statement, service values, service standards and supporting expectations.
- Communicate Human Resource policies, practices, and procedures to employees and managers.
- Adhere to compliance measures as outlined in the Argent BSA Manual.
- Adhere to all credit union policies and procedures including the Employee Handbook and Information Security protocol.
- Implement and oversee performance management programs that incorporate coaching and constructive feedback.
- Develop and oversee strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet credit union staffing needs that support business goals.
- Oversee employee compensation and benefits plans that are competitive and cost-effective.
- Serve as Plan Administrator for the medical/dental plan, 401(K) plan, 457(b) plan, flexible spending account plan, and medical/dental cafeteria plan.
- Act as Fiduciary for 401(K) plan.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Human Resources team by overseeing talent management, career and leadership development, succession planning, retention, compensation and benefits.
- Coach and guide managers and supervisors on policies and programs, including employee relations issues. Ensure policies and procedures comply with state and federal laws. Recommend changes as necessary. Oversee the administration of policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner.
- Ensure job descriptions align with internal salary structure and equity.
- Support in the development, recommendation and implementation of personnel policies and procedures. Prepare and maintain employee handbook on policies and procedures. Provides guidance on managing to policies.
- Conduct research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organization’s human resource information system (HRIS) or talent management system.
- Conduct effective, through and objective internal investigations relating to sexual harassment claims, discrimination, and any other claims of unlawful/unethical treatment.
- Respond to unemployment insurance appeals and appear at hearing on Argent’s behalf; responds to workers’ compensation claims.
- Develop and manage departmental budget.
- Keep President/CEO informed of any potential circumstances or critical work issues to protect the best interests of the credit union.
- Conduct timely and constructive performance evaluations of direct reports, providing recommendations for career development, promotion, and/or salary adjustment as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated Human Resource functional expertise; knowledgeable on employment law, employment legislation, and compliance management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work, and pay attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Knowledge and experience with human resource information systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
Required Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college/university; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 7 years of Human Resources management experience.
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) certification preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office machinery such as a calculator, copier, or computer printer.
- Frequently communicates with internal customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Frequently remains in a stationary position.
Applications can be submitted through http://www.argentcu.org/about/careers/
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation