Federal Legislative Priorities
Working to ensure a Federal legislative environment favorable for credit union growth and expansion.
- Member Business Lending - Expand member business lending by increasing loan maturities and increased flexibility loans to veterans and the legal cannabis industry.
- Field-of-Membership – Reform the Federal Credit Union Act to allow growing fields-of-membership to better serve communities and underbanked areas.
Advocating to remove and prevent legislative obstacles impeding credit unions from best serving their members and communities.
- Interchange - Oppose legislative efforts to limit interchange income for credit unions.
- Third Party Vendor Authority – Prevent legislation that grants the NCUA third-party vendor examination authority.
- Credit Union Board Flexibility – Modernize the Federal Credit Union Act to assist credit unions in attracting and retaining a diverse and well-trained board.
Empowering Credit Unions
Promoting the credit union difference to secure legislation that empowers credit unions.
- Credit Union Tax Status – Preserve credit union tax exemption, highlighting the credit union difference and not-for-profit business model.
- One-size-fits-all legislation – Combat credit union inclusion in legislation triggered by the actions taken by large banks and predatory lenders.
- Data Security – Create a robust national standard for data privacy and security to hold retailers and merchants accountable for breaches and fraud.
- CDFI - Streamline the CDFI application process and increase program funding.
To learn more, contact your League's JT BlauGo to main navigation