Job Openings: Member Service Representative (Richmond)
|Announcement Date:||April 2, 2020|
|Location of Position:||Richmond|
Richmond Virginia Fire Police Credit Union seeks a Member Service Representative.
Serves as a liaison between the member and the credit union. Provides account information by phone or in person, as well as information on the full range of credit union products and services. Opens accounts for members, interviews, and professionally handles the member’s daily needs. Provides a variety of transaction services to members. Performs a wide range of transactional duties to serve members by receiving or paying out funds with high accuracy. Maintains accurate transactional records. Provides a variety of member savings, share draft/checking, and credit account transactions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greets and welcomes members and visitors to the credit union in a professional manner. Represents the credit union to members in a courteous manner, providing prompt, efficient, and accurate service in the processing of transactions.
- Providing in-person and by-telephone general and specific service-related information concerning credit union products or policies.
- Responding to email or other electronic requests submitted by members, providing professional, prompt, efficient, and accurate service and information.
- Responding to members’ requests, problems, and complaints, resolving issues, and/or directing them to the appropriate person for specific information and assistance.
- Opening new accounts and services existing accounts. Sets up new account files, and provides members with all necessary information for membership and requested services.
- Handling requests for transfers of shares to loan payments, share withdrawals, check requests, CD inquiries, line of credit advances, and any other requests received from members.
- Actively cross-sells credit union products and services based on the member’s needs as determined during member interviews and/or review of member’s account.
- Maintaining comprehensive knowledge of all credit union products and services that are related to, handled, or promoted by the position, including robbery procedures.
- Providing basic information on investment alternatives to members wishing to deposit funds with the credit union.
- Researching accounts for deposit, withdrawal, and loan-payment discrepancies and assisting members with account balancing.
- Providing comprehensive, accurate, and prompt member service in posting transactions by receiving share drafts/checks and cash for deposit to accounts, verifying amounts, and examining documents for proper endorsement.
- Processing withdrawals from accounts and/or share draft/check cashing, verifying amounts, and entering withdrawals into system accurately. Cashing share drafts/checks from a variety of accounts upon proper verification according to credit union policies and procedures.
- Placing holds on accounts for uncollected funds based on the credit union’s funds availability policy.
- Balancing the cash drawer at the end of the shift and comparing totaled amount to computer-generated proof sheet. Researching and resolve discrepancies. Reporting any discrepancies to the supervisor as necessary. Helping other tellers research and resolve discrepancies.
- Maintaining a neat working environment; ensuring that the teller station is properly stocked with forms, supplies, brochures, etc.
- Cross-selling credit union services such as debit cards, credit cards, online banking, or other promotional products to existing members when applicable.
- Receiving and posting mortgage, consumer loan, and other payments and ensuring the payments match balances due.
- Responding to member requests, problems, and complaints and/or directs them to the appropriate person for specific information and assistance.
- Mailing receipts and checks to members as indicated by policy and procedure.
- Assisting members with the proper completion of payroll deduction and direct deposit cards.
- Initiating the process for investigating Debit card/EFT fraud complaints.
- Issuing new and a replacement debit cards.
- Exhibiting knowledge of the credit union’s Bill Pay and Mobile Banking Programs.
- Investigating and performs maintenance for members on the Credit Union’s Bill Pay Program.
- Other duties as assigned.
The job requires basic math skills and proficiency on personal computers. Experience in financial services preferred. It is expected that 90% of work hours are spent sitting at a desk operating the computer, also involves lifting currency and coin (estimated up to 50 lbs.) from the floor to the table approx. 3 inches high.
Send your résumé and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation