Job Openings: Staff Auditor (Yorktown)
|Announcement Date:||June 30, 2022|
|Location of Position:||Yorktown|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Monday - Friday|
|Hours:||8:30 am - 5:00 pm|
1st Advantage Federal Credit Union is currently seeking a full-time Staff Auditor to support our busy Internal Audit department. The scheduled hours will be Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This position is responsible for providing assistance to the Internal Audit Manager in an effort to minimize various types of risk by making recommendations to improve internal control processes to include assisting in branch, compliance, operational, regulatory, and external audits. The successful candidate is reliable, customer service oriented, has strong attention to detail, and possesses strong communication skills.
1st Advantage Federal Credit Union has been serving members in the Hampton Roads community since 1951. We provide financial products and services that help members get ahead, while volunteering our time and resources to civic organizations and nonprofits that share our mission to improve life for each other. Be part of something special. Join 1st Advantage as a colleague and support our community members.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Auditing functions assigned, such as daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports, are accurately and effectively performed in accordance with Credit Union policies, procedures, and industry regulatory requirements. Discrepancies or trends are promptly identified and reported to the Internal Audit Manager.
- Assists in preparing and performing branch, departmental, operational, and regulatory audits. Completes pre and post audit work, and follows up on any irregularities with Internal Audit Manager to ensure they are reviewed by the appropriate department.
- Provides support to the Internal Audit Manager to include special projects and investigations.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Auditing functions assigned are accurately and effectively performed in accordance with Credit Union policies, procedures, and legal requirements.
- Must adhere to a high level of confidentiality on all audit functions and processes.
- Professional working relations exist with Credit Union personnel. Requests and inquiries are courteously and promptly addressed.
- Effective working relations exist with Internal Audit personnel. Assistance and support are provided as needed.
- Internal Audit Manager is appropriately informed of Credit Union activities and of any significant issues.
- Required daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports are accurate, timely, and informative. Maintain complete and organized audit files and supporting documentation.
Knowledge and Skills:
One year to three years of similar or related experience.
Undergraduate degree in accounting, auditing or related business field preferred and/or related experience.
Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation. Must be able to work well with all levels of management and colleagues.
Must be proficient in Microsoft applications, with an advanced knowledge level in Excel. Ability to recognize and question irregularities when reviewing operational reports. Demonstrated strong organizational skills with on-going follow up to position responsibilities. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Must have analytical and problem-solving abilities, be able to multi-task, be well organized, and detail-oriented.
Please visit our career page to apply: https://www.1stadvantage.org/about/careers
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation