Job Openings: Director of Compliance (Richmond)
|Announcement Date:||June 13, 2022|
|Location of Position:||Richmond|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Monday through Friday|
|Hours:||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
Call Federal is seeking a Director of Compliance to be responsible for compliance and risk management including the oversight of loss prevention programs, policies and procedures, vendor due diligence and review of legal agreements entered into by the credit union.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Write, review, and/or update credit union policies and procedures to formalize risk management best practices and satisfy regulatory requirements.
- Serve as a primary point of contact between Call Federal and law enforcement, vendors or other legal entities.
- Strong knowledge of local and federal laws/regulations in regards to BSA compliance and applicable banking regulations – including the areas of risk, fraud prevention and security.
- Conduct due diligence on potential new vendors, including reviewing any contracts or other binding documents Call Federal plans to enter into. Coordinate with business unit owners and vendor representatives to manage ongoing relationships, gathering and reviewing documentation as required.
- Serve as liaison between Call Federal and NCUA and external auditors.
- Understand Call Federal’s insurance coverage and make recommendations on coverage levels and areas which provide maximum protection of the credit union’s assets at the most economical rates.
- Investigate potential fraud or unethical behavior by Call Federal staff members and report observed behavior directly to the CEO. Coordinate with staff to investigate potential fraud by members or third parties.
- Update the credit union’s Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plan. Lead management in tabletop exercises and ensure appropriate staff are aware of the plan and how to activate it if needed.
- Assist staff with any questions related to compliance, procedure, or other risk topics.
- Stay aware of upcoming regulatory changes and research how they will impact Call Federal. Work with business unit owners to prepare for such changes.
- Research and resolve any formal NCUA or BBB complaints filed by members.
- Assist with the budgetary process.
- Participate on the Suspicious Activity Report Committee.
- Provide counsel to business managers on risk management issues.
- Evaluating new products and services for their impact on the company’s risk profile.
- Provide coaching and training to staff, including but not limited to annual BSA training and regular robbery training. Ensure proper physical security standards are in place and enforced at all branches and locations.
- Develop and maintain fraud control and loss prevention measures.
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to the BSA, the USA PATRIOT Act and the Office of Foreign Assets Control, in additional to all company policies.
- Prepares and manages the planning and accounting budget for the department. Prepares reports for management as required.
- Participates in task groups or special projects. Participates in on-going training programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or legal field
- 5+ years of experience in a compliance role in the financial services industry
- Ability to attain and maintain appropriate certifications
- Prior experience in management of small staff
- Must have sound presentation skills and ability
- Department budgetary experience
- Compliance and/or legal background a plus
- The ability to lead and manage the people and processes of the Compliance Department
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to function as a contributing member of the Tactical Team
- Friendly, approachable, decisive with a strong display of leadership qualities and willingness to be collaborative
- Acceptable background check; credit, criminal and insurance
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements:
This position requires the employee to work indoors in a typical office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations, and the ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 1-25 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application information. The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with arms, talk and hear.
Location: Ability to work from a remote location within the state of Virginia. Must be able to attend on-site meetings at any of our Call Federal locations.
Hours: Position is exempt but should be able to work with their teams during the hours of 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
To Apply: Visit https://call-federal-credit-union.careerplug.com/j/01a7sgo
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation