Job Openings: Consumer Loan Processor (Yorktown)
|Announcement Date:||May 11, 2022|
|Location of Position:||Yorktown|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Monday - Friday|
|Hours:||8:30 am - 5:00 pm|
1st Advantage Federal Credit Union is currently seeking a full-time Consumer Loan Processor to support our busy Consumer Lending department at the Kiln Creek Office in Yorktown, Virginia. Scheduled hours will be 40 hours per week between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m Monday through Friday. This position is responsible for verifying documents from dealership and members, posting, and preparing all loan documentation for consumer and indirect loans. The successful candidate is reliable, customer service oriented, has strong attention to detail, and possesses strong communication skills.
1st Advantage Federal Credit Union has been serving members in the Hampton Roads community since 1951. We provide financial products and services that help members get ahead, while volunteering our time and resources to civic organizations and nonprofits that share our mission to improve life for each other. Be part of something special. Join 1st Advantage as a colleague and support our community members.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Performs coding, retrieves credit rating, verifies accuracy of loan disbursal forms, completes posting function and prepares all necessary documents for closing of consumer loans. Mails loan paperwork and distributes loans to branches.
- Supports branch closings, coordinates loan closings and answers routine questions.
- Maintain hold/mail files and suspense files according to weekly schedule
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Produce loan documents with no unresolved errors according to established department standards
- Provide informed, prompt, professional and accurate service and support to all members and colleagues by responding to email within 30 minutes, answering telephone with 4 rings and replying to messages within one hour.
- Complete, organize and close loan documentation and files with 15 minutes.
- Develop, maintain, and demonstrate a working knowledge of credit union loan standards, policies, procedures and applicable state and federal government rules and regulations.
- To follow up on mail loans within two weeks of disbursal.
- To maintain a dependable record of attendance and timeliness.
- To proactively demonstrate the 1st Advantage FCU core values of integrity, trustworthiness, teamwork and excellence for all members and colleagues.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience One year to three years of similar or related experience.
Education A high school education or GED.
Work involves contact with persons beyond immediate associates regarding routine matters for the purpose of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion. Outside contacts take the form of service to the public (members or vendors), requiring ordinary courtesy in providing assistance and information.
Must have good communication skills. Ten key calculator, typewriter and keyboard skills
Please visit our career page to apply: https://www.1stadvantage.org/about/careers
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation