Job Openings: Financial Analyst (Yorktown)
|Announcement Date:||April 26, 2022|
|Location of Position:||Yorktown|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Monday - Friday|
|Hours:||8:30 am - 5:00 pm|
1st Advantage Federal Credit Union is currently seeking a full-time Financial Analyst to support our Financial Accounting department. Scheduled hours will be 40 hours per week between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
This position is responsible for working to support the accounting functions of the Credit Union and will partner with department heads throughout the organization to provide financial analysis and support. The successful candidate will research, analyze, and implement enhancements to systems and processes to continue to improve efficiencies to support strategic goals.
1st Advantage Federal Credit Union has been serving members in the Hampton Roads community since 1951. We provide financial products and services that help members get ahead, while volunteering our time and resources to civic organizations and nonprofits that share our mission to improve life for each other. Be part of something special. Join 1st Advantage as a colleague and support our community members.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your fully completed application and résumé through our website.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Owns the FPS relationship to include but not limited to: uploading/balancing data and report preparation. Prepares the month end financial reports for the Controller's review. These reports include financials, ratios, liquidity management worksheet and write up.
- Assists in the preparation and maintenance of the corporate budget. This includes but is not limited to: completing prior year facts, inputting growth and rate assumptions, and preparing preliminary non-interest income and expense.
- Makes recommendations on process improvements and present these findings and ideas in meetings. Assists in the implementation of these process improvements with departments and project management.
- Analyzes and evaluates current financial processes to identify areas of improvement.
- Analyzes and evaluates current and future financial products to determine profitability.
- Assists the HR department to streamline and manage the HR budget and GLs. Assists other departments with reconcilements as needed.
- Records and prepares ALCO minutes.
- Reconciles the investment portfolio.
- Researches and reviews best practices and new IT advancements to ensure systems are being used efficiently.
- Design reports within the FPS and Prologue systems to give greater insight into financials, including ratios and non-monetary items.
- Prepare deposit rate surveys at least monthly.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Create efficiencies and enhancements to systems and processes utilized in financial operations.
- Maintain acceptable risk & internal control standards.
- Provide strategic analysis of data.
- Provide informed, professional and accurate service and support.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education (1) A bachelor's degree, or (2) achievement of formal certifications recognized in the
industry as equivalent to a bachelor's degree (e.g. information technology certifications in lieu of a degree).
Experience Three to five years of related experience.
Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for the purpose of first-level conflict resolution, building relationships, and soliciting cooperation. Discussions involve a higher degree of confidentiality and discretion, requiring diplomacy and tact in communication.
A thorough understanding of financial system applications.
Requirements: Offers of employment are contingent on a satisfactory criminal background and credit history check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Please visit our career page to apply: https://www.1stadvantage.org/about/careers
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation