Job Openings: Consumer Loan Officer (Verona)
|Announcement Date:||December 20, 2021|
|Location of Position:||Verona|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Based on need|
|Hours:||Based on need|
US Senate FCU is looking for a Consumer Loan Officer. Under general supervision and in compliance with all federal and state regulations and established USSFCU policies and procedures, is responsible for originating, processing, and closing a high volume of consumer loan applications originated via phone or web. Serves as an ambassador of USSFCU by espousing our “Member First” philosophy and fulfilling our purpose of helping our members achieve financial success. Develops relationships with members by engaging as a member advocate, actively listening, identifying member needs and providing solutions. Driven to meet or exceed individual performance and departmental sales/service goals.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Represents the Credit Union in a courteous, engaging, professional manner and provides excellent member service to both members and internal teammates. Is efficient, results driven, and accurate. Understands the impact of behavior and performance on the credit union, the members, potential members, and teammates.
- Conducts productive interviews with loan applicants, gathering the required information for a credit application. Explains loan options, rates, terms, and collateral requirements. Educates members by providing accurate information regarding credit union products, services, policies, and procedures, helping them to arrive at a beneficial conclusion. Understands and conveys to members the appropriate rules and regulations related to loan products and services. Understands, interprets, and provides follow-up on important data from consumer credit reports.
- Tracks progress and maintains up-to-date status of all types of consumer loans. Responsible for input and/or verification of data provided by members, credit reports, and third-party vendors. Responsible for acting as a liaison between Underwriting and the member. Thoroughly documents purpose of loan request and any additional information that will assist Underwriter with the decision process. Thoroughly documents status of loan decision, including any follow-up required by member. Effectively explains loan decisions, stipulations, and requirements to members.
- Responsible for obtaining and verifying pertinent documentation based on consumer loan type and conditions, including but not limited to identification documents, income verification documents, vehicle purchase order / intent to sell, proof of insurance and payoffs from other financial institutions or creditors. Works closely with other departments to identify and prevent loan fraud.
- Coordinates execution and delivery method of loan documents with members.
- Establishes repayment and interest schedules based upon loan guidelines and rates.
- Creates and updates loans in core system. Responsible for correct funding of loan proceeds, including distribution to proper general ledger accounts as required with the purchase of GAP and/or warranty coverages, overnight processing fees, or other fees as applicable.
- Implements the recording of collateral by ensuring all checks have proper endorsement stamps and accompanying member documentation (copy of purchase order, payoff letter, overnight delivery receipt, etc).
- Insures loan files are complete and accurate and contain proper signatures, dates, and supporting loan documents.
- Maintains proficiency in USSFCU’s lending platform and serves as liaison to I.T. Department for any System issues that may impede efficient and accurate member service. Must have the ability to understand and maintain secured document delivery via use of DocuSign and the on-line Message Center.
- Actively listens and offers referrals for products and services based on member needs. Ability to work independently. Meets or exceeds performance, sales, and service goals established by management. Is results driven, possesses a high sense of urgency, and is self-motivated to succeed. Able to multi-task and effectively prioritize a high-volume workload, which requires good organizational skills.
- Responds to member inquiries regarding credit union loan services and/or account discrepancies. Prioritizes first-call resolution to member concerns. Assists other departments as necessary and works closely with other departments to ascertain necessary corrections for errors. Clears audit exceptions in a timely manner. Performs account file maintenance as necessary.
- Interacts in a positive manner with all team members to promote unity, communication, and consistency of operations to help the department and the organization as a whole. Takes initiative and actively contributes to helping the team meet and exceed lending and organizational goals.
- Actively engages and participates in training, coaching sessions, team meetings, group discussions and motivational/promotional activities with the organization. Completes assigned training initiatives as required within the prescribed timeframe. Strives to improve own personal performance. Takes responsibility and ownership of actions and decisions.
- Insures Credit Union’s compliance with Federal Lending Regulations including but not limited to the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Truth in Lending, Military Lending Act, Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Graham-Leach-Bliley Act, and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau rules.
- Complies with all applicable Rules, Regulations and Statutes of the NCUA and other appropriate governing bodies to include but not limited to: The Credit Union Bylaws, Bank Secrecy Act, Office of Foreign Assets Control, Fair Lending Act, and Fair Credit Billing Act.
- Complies with all Credit Union policy and procedural guidelines, including but not limited to Member Identification Policy, Bank Secrecy Act, USSFCU Red Flag Policy, USSFCU Loan Policy, and USSFCU Consumer Lending Guidelines and Procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education/Experience: High school diploma/equivalent required, Bachelor’s degree preferred. Minimum of 2 years lending experience required.
Skills: Requires an in-depth knowledge of USSFCU Membership Products, Services, Guidelines, Policies, and Procedures. Requires advanced understanding of USSFCU Consumer Loan Products, Loan Policy, Loan Procedures, Guidelines, and Underwriting criteria. Basic math skills and problem-solving skills required. Ability to cross-sell products and services; ability to read and interpret consumer credit reports. Requires attention to detail; proofreading skills; flexibility. Advanced knowledge of core banking systems; advanced knowledge of document and data storage systems, including importing and editing skills; basic knowledge of Microsoft Office suite. Capable of working independently in a high-volume, fast-paced environment, while maintaining a high level of accuracy. Experience with core banking systems preferred. Ability to troubleshoot member issues with credit union products/services, including third party products such as GAP, Vehicle Service Contracts and Debt Shield.
Communication: Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with members, teammates, and other credit union departments. Advanced interviewing and interpersonal skills required. Excellent written and oral communication skills required. Requires ability to listen to member needs and recommend appropriate products and services. Deals effectively with members and all levels of staff.
To apply, visit our website at http://ussfcu.atsondemand.com/.
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation