Job Openings: Collections Manager (Chesapeake)
|Announcement Date:||November 23, 2021|
|Location of Position:||Chesapeake|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Based on need|
|Hours:||Based on need|
ABNB Federal Credit Union is currently seeking a Collections Manager. The primary role of this position is to manage all aspects of the collections and financial education programs and processes for the credit union. Managing the day-to-day operations of the staff members of the Collections and Financial Education Departments and ensuring that they provide quality member service and support to the credit union staff and membership.
- Manages the Collections and Financial Education Departments. Ensures the work of department staff is meeting expectations and strategic initiatives of the credit union. Conducts audits, performance reviews, and coaching of department staff. Ensures work is performed accurately, efficiently, and within the scope of all policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Manages escalated and high priority accounts and takes appropriate actions when needed.
- Arranges the sale of repossessed collateral; determines additional investment to be made in collateral.
- Analyzes Financial Education and Collections programs to include processes, procedures, and policies to ensure both departments are meeting the credit unions goals and objectives.
- Analyzes and informs management of trends in loan underwriting contributing to delinquent/charged-off loans.
- Serves as a representative of the credit union during legal proceedings as required.
- (1) A bachelor's degree, or (2) achievement of formal certifications recognized in the industry as equivalent to a bachelor's degree (e.g. information technology certifications in lieu of a degree).
- Five to Eight years of similar or related experience.
- Thorough knowledge of collection procedures, techniques, regulations, and court proceedings.
- Possess analytical abilities to make decisions and resolve problems.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills to supervise employees and communicate effectively with members.
- Must be able to operate a PC and related software programs, calculator, data projector, overhead projector and other related office equipment with speed and accuracy.
- Physical qualifications include standing or sitting at a computer for extended periods of time and the ability to lift and carry up to 15 pounds.
- Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises and promotions
- Community focused culture that promotes networking and involvement in Hampton Roads and Parts of North Carolina
- Employee Benefits (401k match / Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability / Tuition reimbursement / Affordable health insurance options)
- An employee-focused, diverse, and member relationship driven workplace environment
Human Resources will only contact qualified candidates upon receipt and review of your résumé. No phone calls please.
To find out more visit us at https://www.abnbfcu.org/about-us/careers.html
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation