Job Openings: Vice President of Internal Audit (Chesapeake)
|Announcement Date:||April 6, 2021|
|Location of Position:||Chesapeake, VA|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Based on need|
|Hours:||Based on need|
ABNB Federal Credit Union is currently seeking a Vice President of Internal Audit. The Vice President of Internal Audit leads, manages, and monitors all aspects of internal auditing. The Vice President of Internal Audit is responsible for ABNB’s strategic risk based internal audit plan and managing the internal audit function in accordance with ABNB’s internal audit charter and the Institute of Internal Auditors professional standards for internal auditing. Responsibilities include providing reasonable assurance on the strength of internal controls, risk management, and organizational compliance with internal policies, laws, and federal credit union regulations. The successful candidate will be a skillful leader who can effectively balance the need for independence with a spirit of collaboration. The candidate will be a proven leader with the ability to establish a working relationship with all key stakeholders, including senior leadership and the Supervisory Committee.
- Develops the annual risk based internal audit program for the Supervisory Committee review and approval. Oversees the implementation of the approved plans, monitors all audits in progress to ensure audit objectives are met and audits are completed in a timely manner with emphasis on complex and/or high-risk areas. Keeps senior management and the Supervisory Committee apprised of any changes needed to the internal audit plan. Reviews completed audit and compliance projects. Asserts opinion on areas audited as to personnel performance, reliability of accounting, and effectiveness of internal controls. Acts as In Charge Auditor of assigned audits and responsible for overall success of project with an emphasis on complex and/or high-risk areas.
- Determines established organization operating policies and procedures are being complied with consistently. Supervises all audit functions in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards.
- Identifies and documents financial statement exposures, internal control deficiencies and operational inefficiencies and/or opportunities for improvement.
- Serves as liaison between the Supervisory Committee and the organization. Works closely with the Supervisory Committee and the President/CEO to ensure that the audit planning activities, including scope, timing, and resource allocation, are effectively completed and documented in a thorough and timely manner. Responsible for implementation of Board approved audit charter.
- Ensures documentation of work plans, test results, conclusions, and recommendations. Ensures follow up on findings and corrective actions. Provides assistance with investigations and special audits.
- Coordinates audit functions with outside independent audit firms and federal examiners.
- Completes annual risk assessments and develops recommendations.
- Completes required certifications and continuing education as required for the position. Remains current on internal audit and NCUA regulatory oversight trends.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Eight to ten years of similar or related experience, including time spent in preparatory positions. Knowledge in all phases of thrift or related operation is required.
- CIA certification and financial institution experience required. CRMA, CPA, CISA, or other certification preferred. A master’s degree, or a bachelor’s degree plus professional certification. Bachelors in Accounting, Finance, or Computer Science is preferred.
- The ability to motivate or influence internal or external senior level professionals is a critical part of the job, requiring a significant level of influence and trust. Obtaining cooperation and agreement on important outcomes via frequently complex, senior level dialogues, as well as professional level of written communication skills are essential to the position.
- Knowledge of internal audit techniques, policies and procedures, and compliance auditing techniques.
- Must be able to analyze data and develop strategies to improve operations and must attend 20 hours per year of continuing education classes on topics relevant to the work being completed and provide evidence of attendance for your personnel file.
- Sitting at a computer for extended periods of time and being able to lift/carry up to 10 pounds.
- Work Environment Office
- Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises and promotions
- Community focused culture that allows networking and involvement in South Hampton Roads and Parts of North Carolina
- Employee Benefits (401k match / Company paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability / Tuition reimbursement / Affordable health insurance options)
- An employee-focused, diverse, and member relationship driven workplace environment
Human Resources will only contact qualified candidates upon receipt and review of your resume. No phone calls please.
To apply for this position please visit ABNB Careers at https://www.abnbfcu.org/about-us/careers.html
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation