Job Openings: Human Resources Generalist (Yorktown)
|Announcement Date:||March 23, 2021|
|Location of Position:||Yorktown, VA|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Based on need|
|Hours:||Based on need|
1st Advantage Federal Credit Union is currently accepting applications for a full-time Human Resources Generalist (Benefit Focus), responsible for assisting and supporting the Human Resources Manager in all facets of human resources including benefits administration, leaves of absence, employee relations, policy implementation and employee engagement.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Administration of 1st Advantage FCU’s benefit programs to include but not limited to: evaluation of current programs, annual open enrollment, implementation of new programs; employee education and communication, enrollment, termination, COBRA notifications, backup billing, data integrity audits and serving as a liaison for employee concerns. Escalate benefit issues to senior leadership.
- Responsible for ensuring 1st Advantage FCU’s compliance with ERISA and ACA regulations. Maintain summary plan descriptions, summaries of benefits and coverage, section 125 documentation, and 5500 filings. Coordinate with benefit carriers and insurance brokers to update all plan documents and coordinate with vendor on the submission of annual 5500 filings.
- Coordinates employee relations issues with Human Resources Manager to affect prompt and appropriate resolution.
- Manage leaves of absence, to include FMLA and personal leaves.
- Coordinate with vendors regarding disability and life insurance claims.
- Coordinate, develop and implement employee wellness initiatives.
- Coordinate, develop and implement employee engagement programs.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Provide informed, professional, accurate service and support to all associates by responding to employee concerns in a timely manner.
- Coordinate employee education on benefit offerings to include but not limited to: annual vendor fairs, semi-annual and monthly 401k education, employee benefit brochures, employee meetings/webinars, and intranet materials.
- Ensures credit union is compliant with all payroll and benefits regulations and leave bank policies to include the management and tracking of leave within the HRIS system.
- Effectively resolve employee relations issues with colleagues.
- Effectively communicate with employees and others in and outside our organization by person, phone, letter, and email.
- Maintains knowledge of all applicable leave and accommodation laws including the FMLA, ADA, and other federal, state, and local leave laws through ongoing continuing education.
- Proactively demonstrates the 1st Advantage FCU core values of integrity, trustworthiness, teamwork and excellence for all members and colleagues.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience Five years to eight years of similar or related experience.
Education Bachelor’s Degree (BS or BA in a relevant field).
SHRM-CP or PHR certification strongly preferred.
Interpersonal Skills - Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for the purpose of first-level conflict resolution, building relationships, and soliciting cooperation. Discussions involve a higher degree of confidentiality and discretion, requiring diplomacy and tact in communication.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality with information.
- Outstanding skills in providing HR operational support and collaboration with all levels of an organization.
- Knowledge of employment laws, regulations, and practices.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgement that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation, or law.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal, organizational, and planning/implementation skills.
- Ability to research, analyze, and interpret varied data and information.
- Highly adept at workload and project coordination/management. Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office or other standard office and/or other business software.
- Proficiency with HRIS, payroll, talent and/or performance management software.
- Skills in database management and recordkeeping.
- Proficiency in internet and computer use.
- Occasional: Lift up to 20 pounds; climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching.
- Frequent: Lift up to 10 pounds; standing.
- Constant: Repetitive movements of arms and hands; sitting with back supported.
Work Environment: This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows:
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the workplace.
- Work surface is stable (flat).
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- Job tasks are performed near other people.
To submit an application online, please visit us at https://www.1stadvantage.org/about/careers.
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation