Job Openings: Core Collections Supervisor (Newport News)
|Announcement Date:||March 19, 2021|
|Location of Position:||Newport News, VA|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Based on need|
|Hours:||Based on need|
BayPort Credit Union is currently seeking a Core Collections Supervisor.
The primary purpose of this position is to coordinate, supervise and monitor the day-to-day operations of the Core Collection activities to ensure internal and external service levels, production standards, and acceptable delinquency loss levels are achieved. Other duties include addressing and resolving escalated internal and external member issues in a timely and accurate manner to achieve maximum satisfaction while maintaining an amicable rapport; managing the core collections team by interviewing, selecting, hiring, training, coaching, motivating employees; collaborating with the Collections Manager to establish performance goals; responsible for the completion and delivery of disciplinary actions and performance evaluations.
Essential Functions and Supporting Duties:
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of the Collections Department which include but are not limited to: leading and directing the work queue assignments to others during absences or when needed depending on the account portfolio statistics; communicating job expectations; interpreting policies and solving problems related to policy and procedural issues for staff and members.
- Developing and implementing effective control of records and/or files to ensure efficient departmental operations.
- Managing the department results by utilizing the reports within the collections package such as individual Collection Coordinator’s work queue for volume and directing work; high dollar and number of delinquent days on a weekly bases; and monitoring collections efforts to ensure a charge off level and delinquency ratio meets the credit union’s goal.
- Responding to members regarding payment notices and delinquent accounts; providing members with an explanation of their loan status; and following up on delinquent loans.
- Assisting members and collectors in developing a resolution to bring delinquent loans to a current status and collecting overdue accounts whenever possible.
- Completing the supervisor assigned private queues.
- Coordinating with attorneys and agencies to negotiate settlements.
- Testifying at legal proceedings on behalf of the credit union.
Required Education: Associates degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school with equivalent related experience.
Required Knowledge: Knowledgeable of all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations that regulate the collection industry; including but not limited to, FDCP, SCRA, FCRA, TCPA, and CFPB.
Required Experience: 2 – 4 years of related Collections experience is required.
Skills/Abilities: Strong customer service skills to include telephone skills, including telephone etiquette; strong data entry skills; ability to operate a PC; well organized; problem-solver; attentive to detail; able to work both independently and in a team environment; skilled in conflict resolution and management member expectations; ability to evaluate work volumes, conduct research and make decisions.
Other Requirements: Must be willing to work flexible schedules to include rotating evening and weekend hours.
Interested candidates can apply on our website at www.bayportcu.org/about/careers
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation