Job Openings: Executive Assistant (Fairfax)
|Announcement Date:||March 8, 2021|
|Location of Position:||Fairfax, VA|
|Salary:||$55,000 - $65,000|
|Days:||Monday - Friday|
We’re looking for someone. Someone with integrity. Someone with passion. If that’s you, come explore a career with us. Let’s grow together!
NextMark Credit Union is currently seeking a full-time Executive Assistant at our main location in Fairfax. Here at NextMark, we are committed to being an inclusive organization where our employees are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on skills and performance, and encouraged to reach their full potential. Benefits of full time employment at NextMark include medical, dental, and vision insurance, company-paid life and long term disability insurance, vacation and sick leave, 401(k) with matching contributions, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, telecommuting program, casual dress opportunities, annual bonus potential, and loan rate discounts.
The role of the Executive Assistant is to control and manage administrative and other assigned functions for the President/CEO, making it possible for the President/CEO to focus on matters associated with directing NextMark Credit Union. The Executive Assistant also provides light administrative assistance to the Board of Directors and Senior Managers as directed by the President/CEO. This position is 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, and is classified as exempt. The Executive Assistant reports to the President/CEO.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides confidential administrative support to the President/CEO, including screening and prioritizing incoming calls, mail, publications, filing, calendar scheduling and other correspondence. Composes letters and memoranda from dictation, verbal direction or from knowledge of organization policy or procedures; edits written communications from word processing documents.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of assigned reports and assists the president in all aspects related to the Board of Directors committee meetings, meetings with other NextMark managers, employees and outside individuals.
- Reviews and updates all change of address request in member database; processes returned statements and sends out required change of address forms.
- Maintains the President/CEO’s daily appointment calendar; makes travel and lodging arrangements for staff and volunteers as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Provide timely, accurate professional administrative support for the President/CEO.
- Maintain and keep current NextMark official policies, procedures and Board and committee minutes and actions.
- Maintain a professional work environment and businesslike appearance.
- Attend Board and ALM meetings and accurately transcribe minutes. Complete Board and ALM minutes within 10 days after each meeting.
- Prepare Board packets and ensure they are sent out and received seven (7) days before each Board meeting.
- Ensure all laws, regulations and policies & procedures of the Credit Union are being followed including but not limited to all BSA/USA PATRIOT ACT requirements.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Five years to eight years of similar or related experience.
Education: A two-year college degree or equivalent education, training, or experience.
Interpersonal Skills: Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is of a personal or sensitive nature. Motivating, influencing, and/or training others is key. Outside contacts are important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and individuals) is necessary and often requires the ability to influence others.
Other Skills/Requirements: Excellent organizational and editing skills; typing skills utilizing word processing program at or above the 75th percentile in speed and 90th percentile in accuracy; proficient with spreadsheets; shorthand a plus.
Ability to work within deadlines and under pressure. Microsoft Office proficient (includes Word, Outlook, Calendar, Excel and PowerPoint). Utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: PC, electronic document storage system, copier, fax, telephone, postage machines, etc. Must pass background check and maintain ability to be bonded.
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift up to 25 pounds. Ability to sit at a desk for extended periods.
Work Environment: An office environment. Telecommuting program available.
To apply for this position, please access our Executive Assistant post on Indeed and click “Apply Now”.
This job description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.
This position will be posted both internally and externally. Final internal and external candidates must successfully complete the required pre-employment assessments designated for this position.
NextMark Credit Union is an EEO employer committed to the non-discriminatory treatment of all applicants and personnel without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, pregnancy, childbirth, or a medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth, marital status, disability, citizenship status, military status, or any other classifications protected by applicable state, federal or local laws. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify Human Resources.
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation