Job Openings: Accountant (Richmond)
|Announcement Date:||October 2, 2020|
|Location of Position:||Richmond|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Based on need|
|Hours:||Based on need|
Partners Financial Federal Credit Union is searching for an Accountant. Performs tasks necessary to balance and update general ledger, maintain and reconcile daily cash accounts and other accounting related duties. Perform accounting tasks requiring an experienced professional with knowledge of accounting principles and practices. Provide specialized or general analytical support in various accounting functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily Visa and debit card fee settlement; reconcile credit union ATM’s; monitoring of cash needs between external cash accounts; cash letter adjustments for Federal Reserve and sending/verifying wires and making any necessary journal entries.
- Assist staff and other departments with general ledger balancing.
- Weekly processing of accounts payable by coding invoices, printing checks, mailing payments and obtaining appropriate authorization for invoices. Obtaining Form W-9 when necessary. Establish and monitor appropriate accruals/pre-paids.
- Responsible for year-end processing of vendor 1099’s and IRS Form 1096.
- Assist with payroll preparation to include monitoring and correcting timecards.
- Monthly reconciliation of general ledger accounts, locate errors and prepare correcting journal entries; remit Withholding tax to the IRS in a timely manner and filing Form 945 by due date.
- Redeposit and request collection of NSF checks from members’ accounts.
- Assist in preparation of annual budget.
- File quarterly FR-2900 report.
- Complete and file annual personal property tax returns.
- Knowledge of all functions performed by the Accounting department and all products and services offered by the Credit Union.
- Provide back up to accounting department team as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Education, Experience and Training:
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. Four years of accounting experience in financial institution accounting and operations experience. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Detail orientated, ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivated, analytical and problem-solving skills and proven ability to deliver accurate work. Ability to login into multiple systems to perform tasks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Interested candidates should submit a résumé and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type: Full-time
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation