Job Openings: Assistant Manager of Accounting (NC)
|Announcement Date:||June 18, 2020|
|Location of Position:||Reidsville, NC|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Based on need|
|Hours:||Based on need|
American Partners Federal Credit Union in Reidsville, NC is seeking a motivated individual to join our staff as an Assistant Manager of Accounting. Key objectives of this position include successful management and training of daily activities of the accounting department staff to deliver expected results as outlined by APFCU’s strategic plans and direction, and to foster and promote a positive, collaborative culture across his or her team and all other departments and teams across the credit union.
APFCU was established in 1975, and we are seeking to grow and expand our membership and presence in surrounding areas. We offer competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, LTD, voluntary STD, basic life, paid holidays, PTO, and 401K. This is a full-time position, and salary will be based upon experience.
- Assist with and oversee assigned duties to help ensure normal functioning of the department.
- Assist in establishing goals and measures to ensure that quality service standards are met and exceeded.
- Assist in training, supervising, and evaluating staff to promote quality service, accuracy, and efficiency throughout the department.
- Assist in timely preparation of reports to reflect the financial position of the credit union.
- Review reconciliation of general ledger accounts completed by department employees to ensure proper use of accounting principles.
- Adjust and/or correct entries to accounting records to maintain accuracy.
- Resolve discrepancies by checking all possible sources of disagreement, reconstructing probable actions, and recognizing the effect on other accounts. Prepare correction documents as required.
- Work with accounts payable to include invoice matching and filing, vendor invoices, and disbursement filing.
- Assist with general ledger account reconciliation and month-end closing, and other ad hoc projects.
- Assist with loan portfolio reports, communications, and special projects.
Education and Experience:
- AA or BS/BA in Accounting or related field is preferred.
- Five to seven years of similar or related experience.
- This position will supervise employees of the accounting department.
- Ability to travel to various worksites and on-call availability may be required.
Interested candidates shall submit a résumé to the following email address: email@example.com
Résumés may also be mailed to:
American Partners FCU – Attn: HR
PO Box 1198
Reidsville, NC 27323
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation