CURRENT Newsletter | August 25, 2023
CURRENT Newsletter | Aug. 25, 2023
Share Your News!
- Email Us
- 800.768.3344, ext. 629
We appreciate our loyal readers! Please send your comments and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your League’s legislative receptions this week in Roanoke and Richmond drew more than 100 credit union supporters and two dozen lawmakers and political candidates.
Credit unions and the League have hosted a series of legislative receptions across the Commonwealth this summer as we prepare for Congress to reconvene – possibly with a fight on interchange legislation on the horizon – and as we gear up for an unprecedented statewide election that will see dozens of new lawmakers join the Virginia General Assembly.
“Advancing our legislative agenda starts with building a good working relationship with legislators and policymakers,” said Virginia Credit Union League President/CEO Carrie Hunt. “These legislative receptions provide us the opportunity to connect lawmakers and credit unions, showcase the good work of credit unions in serving their members and communities, and build awareness of the issues that matter most to us.”
Credit Unions: We wanted to ensure you are aware of the communication sent this week from CUNA and NAFCU that outlines the proposed membership dues structure should member credit unions approve a proposed merger of the two national trade associations. Packets to vote on the proposed merger will be sent next week.
Happy Friday, everyone! Time for a quick recap of some recent happenings in the regulatory compliance world!
The Virginia Credit Union League is pleased to announce that Katie Bailey has joined the organization as the Director of Membership and Business Development.
Vizo Financial will provide $1 million to support financial empowerment grants for credit unions. The Vizo Financial Empowerment Grants Program will begin in September 2023 and includes a five-year plan to disperse funds to state credit union foundations so that they can help natural-person credit unions build financial literacy programs that not only benefit, but empower, their members and, ultimately, their communities. Stay tuned to your League for additional information on how you can apply for grants through the Credit Unions Care Foundation of Virginia.
In Other News…
- Topside FCU Wins Department of the Navy Distinguished Service Award for Second Time
- BayPort Foundation Announces it’s Time to Run, Crawl, and SHELLebrate
- Tidewater Chapter Meets Sept. 14; State, Federal Advocacy Issues to Be Discussed
- EPN Event Sept. 7 in Shenandoah Valley
- Just Announced for League’s GROWTH Conference: Using AI & Analytics to Fight and Win in Today’s Competitive Landscape
- TRGroup, League Hosting 2nd Annual Women's Conference
- Emerge Certification Module 2 Offers Overview of CU System, Philosophy, CU Financials, and Legislative Advocacy
- Sept. 7 Webinar: Fintech is Here! Where Do You Start?
- 2Q2023 Credit Union Profile Now Available
- Comments on Operating Fee Methodology, Robocalls Due in September
- NCUA Releases New Financial Education Resources
« Return to "CURRENT Newsletter" Go to main navigation