Job Openings: Mortgage Loan Officer (Chesapeake)
|February 8, 2024
|Location of Position:
|Based on experience
ABNB Federal Credit Union is currently seeking a Mortgage Loan Officer. The Mortgage Loan Officer is responsible for originating quality mortgage loans by selling ABNB FCU mortgage loan products and services to meet the needs of its membership and participates in related business development activities to build the ABNB FCU brand in our markets as the preeminent mortgage lender.
Why Join the ABNB FCU Mortgage Team:
Not all mortgage lenders are alike! ABNB Federal Credit Union provides a wide array of affordable mortgage solutions that are designed for our unique markets, plus delivers a full menu of traditional and non-traditional mortgage products at very competitive interest rates. Our portfolio home loan products are designed with input from real estate sales professionals, builders, and mortgage professionals to help you close more loans with an easy and fast process.
In addition to our unique portfolio products, our MLOs have access to some of the top correspondent and wholesale lender’s, no overlays on Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, VA, and USDA products, a full menu of non-QM products, and no first right of refusal. Single-Close Construction-to-perm and renovation products are also offered for portfolio, conventional, and VA loans.
ABNB FCU tops that off with a modern web-based LOS fully integrated with the best-in-class product and pricing engine, consumer-friendly borrower portal, in-house marketing department, a mortgage operations team that works for your success, and a highly competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Establish and maintain client relationships with assigned branches, members, and other professionals working in a complimenting business and who are in a position to refer loan applications to the credit union. Suggested activities may include sales calls, application services, and working referrals. The Loan Officer should work closely with the various Relationship Managers to develop member and business partner relationships designed to effectively develop new business opportunities.
- Responsible for overall member interaction with all parties involved on each individual loan that is originated from application to closing; duties to include, but not limited to taking complete and accurate applications, obtaining all necessary support documents, overseeing the loan process by monitoring loan status and ensuring conformity with terms, assisting in collecting additional documents, promptly and effectively communicating loan status to all interested parties and obtaining loan documentation after closings, as directed by management.
- Read and understand all loan programs he/she intends to sell. A responsibility to advise their manager of questions they have or of any possible training needs they may have regarding Credit Union programs or the business in general, to ensure members are given the best possible product and service.
- Attend educational seminars offered by complimenting businesses and agencies in our community. Keep informed of changing rules and regulations pertaining to the mortgage industry; and any other affiliate that we deem necessary.
- Maintain a professional image and standards consistent with credit union policies and procedures. Maintain a professional, courteous, respectful manner and provide quality service to internal and external customers, vendors, and members.
- Maintain designated production levels.
- Quote terms, conditions, and explain various lending options to members and referral partners. Preparing members for loan application by informing them of the documents they will need to bring to application.
This Mortgage Loan Officer is a COMMISSION ONLY position.
- One year as a residential mortgage loan officer, or three years to five years of similar or related experience.
- A high school education or GED.
- Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is of a personal or sensitive nature. Motivating, influencing, and/or training others is key at this level. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
- Must qualify for the Federal National Mortgage Licensing System Registry.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient in PC skills, having the ability to learn and use the credit union's equipment and software programs.
- Ability to become familiar with the credit union's policies and procedures.
- Must possess mathematical skills such as the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measuring whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Must have a valid driver’s license; ability to meet members and clients at off-site locations.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as required.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Employee Benefits (401k plans and match opportunities / Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability / Tuition reimbursement / Affordable health insurance options)
- Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises and promotions
- Community focused culture that allows networking and involvement in Hampton Roads and Parts of North Carolina
- An employee-focused, diverse, and member relationship driven workplace environment
Human Resources will only contact qualified candidates upon receipt and review of your résumé. No phone calls please.
** Apply directly at: www.abnbfcu.org/careers **
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation