Job Openings: Business Intelligence Developer (Chesapeake)
|Announcement Date:||November 15, 2023|
|Location of Position:||Chesapeake|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
ABNB Federal Credit Union is currently seeking a Business Intelligence Developer. Provides technical expertise on all projects and development efforts involving ABNB data, databases and data warehouses both on and off premise. Maintains awareness of industry standards, emerging technology, and best practices for dashboard development, security and performance of databases. Works to turn data into readable and usable information, information into insight, and insight into business decisions. Works to translate business needs into reports, dashboards and extracts as needed. Provides data connectivity to applications, API's and ensures data can be accessed across various applications and platforms as needed. Collaborates with the Information Technology and Project Management teams to assist in documenting related business requirements. Identifies opportunities for improvement. Creates, develops, and maintains dashboards in Power BI and other technologies that provide KPI and other useful information for sales and executive management. Partners with IT leadership peers and enterprise-wide stakeholders to ensure application database and data architecture align with the ABNB Technology Roadmap. Continuously improves technical knowledge and expertise related to enterprise applications via system, schema and database designs. Promotes development, delivery and maintenance of quality documentation for enterprise applications and databases. Promotes compliance with ABNB's Project Management Framework and technology standards.
- Provides technical expertise regarding data connectivity, data models, database design, report and dashboard development, data mining, and automation techniques.
- Partners with cross functional leaders to design, build, document and distribute self-service and ad-hoc reports.
- Repairs, maintains, and improves existing databases and data processes to meet the needs of ABNB members and staff. Uses modern BI standards to produce novel and innovative solutions for the various ABNB financial services lines of business.
- Works to identify and recommend new ways to streamline business processes.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Three to five years of similar or related experience.
- Equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics, or a relevant field). Certifications in diverse technical domains to include SQL, MCSA, or MCSE are preferred.
- Possess awareness and strong working knowledge of financial systems software such as core systems, archives, accounting/GL systems, reporting systems, mortgage systems, LOS systems, ACH systems, wire systems, and items processing systems. Experience or familiarity with Fiserv is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Communication skills, writing abilities, and the ability to work independently and on a team are required.
- Adept at SQL queries, report writing, and presenting findings. Knowledge of reporting software such as Monarch and Crystal Reports is a plus.
- Ability to automate processes using batch, PowerShell, VB Script, and other scripting technologies to produce consistent reusable processes that can easily be maintained.
- Ability to present ideas to executive management in a creative and easy to understand fashion.
- Ability to sit at a computer and/or stand for long periods of time. Lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises and promotions
- Community focused culture that allows networking and involvement in Hampton Roads and parts of North Carolina
- Employee Benefits (401k match / Company paid Short and Long Term Disability / Tuition Reimbursement / Affordable Health Insurance Options)
- An employee-focused, diverse, and member relationship driven workplace environment
Human Resources will only contact qualified candidates upon receipt and review of your résumé. No phone calls please.
** Apply directly at: www.abnbfcu.org/careers **
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation