Job Openings: Internal Audit Manager (Newport News)
|Announcement Date:||April 12, 2023|
|Location of Position:||Newport News|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
BayPort Credit Union is seeking an Internal Audit Manager. The primary purpose of this position is to develop, execute, and monitor a comprehensive, risk-based audit plan that is forward looking and aligns with the Credit Union’s strategic objectives. The Internal Audit Manager reports functionally to the Supervisory Committee and administratively to the Vice President Risk Management.
- Conduct financial, compliance, and operational audits; perform special projects and investigations; and review systems, internal control structures, and the use of resources for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations and established internal policies and procedures.
- Perform an enterprise-wide risk assessment that identifies significant activities, products, and services. Create budgeted audit hours and develop a comprehensive, risk-based audit plan.
- Manage all internal, co-sourced, and external audits and regulatory examination.
- Direct and review the work performed by Internal Audit staff and provide continuous coaching and feedback.
- Draft audit reports that effectively communicate the results of audits to the appropriate levels of management and the Supervisory Committee.
- Evaluate the adequacy of corrective action proposed by management and perform follow-up procedures to ensure corrective action agreed to in an internal audit and/or examination report is implemented.
- Assist in the analysis/review of regulatory compliance, including interpreting laws and advising management of the operational impact.
- Demonstrate high standards of conduct and ethics, as well as appropriate judgment, independence, and discretion.
- Maintain effective working relationships and communicate with auditees and employees at all levels.
- Interview, hire, on-board, and develop Internal Audit staff.
- Serve as a liaison between management and the Supervisory Committee. Meet periodically (e.g., bi-monthly) with the Supervisory Committee to provide updates related to the audit plan and other relevant matters. Maintain communication with the Supervisory Committee, as necessary. Draft monthly Supervisory Committee Report and update the Audit/Examination Follow-up Log.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a related business field.
- 5 - 7 years’ experience in either public accounting auditing financial institutions or within an internal audit department at a financial institution.
- Candidate must earn either a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation within 18 months of employment.
- Certifications such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) is preferred.
- Knowledge of financial institutions and products and services offered is preferred.
To apply, please visit us at www.bayportcu.org/about/careers > View Opportunities.
How to Apply
Upload Your Resume for Internal Audit Manager (Newport News)
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation