Job Openings: Branch Manager (Norfolk)
|Announcement Date:||January 18, 2023|
|Location of Position:||Norfolk|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Based on need|
|Hours:||Based on need|
ABNB Federal Credit Union is currently seeking a Branch Manager. The Branch Manager is responsible for the administration and efficient daily operations of a full-service branch, including sales, service, operations and security and safety in accordance with the Credit Union’s objectives. Supports the Credit Union by reinforcing core values and achieving departmental financial, operational, service, and growth goals consistent with the strategic plan.
- Develops and maintains an environment that focuses on member relationships and retention. Ensures retail staff provides prompt, friendly, personal, and professional service to all members and co-workers, develops and retains good rapport to fulfill established service promises.
- Manages, coaches, directs, and motivates every retail team member to promote service excellence and maximize opportunities to broaden member relationships through active listening, anticipating needs and recommending the most appropriate solution to help our members achieve their financial goals.
- Coaches and motivates retail team on the development of new member relationships and the solicitation of business from existing members to ensure that established objectives and goals are consistently met.
- Conducts weekly/monthly individual and team meetings with all retail staff to evaluate progress, address concerns, stimulate sales, enhance product knowledge, ensure adherence to compliance, share instances of best practices, etc. to ensure a focus on development and employee retention.
- Performs various personnel functions, including interviewing and hiring retail team; scheduling and assigning work tasks, observations of team members, conducting performance reviews and providing disciplinary action when necessary.
- Ensures accuracy in account opening, loan processing, and member transactions maintaining all required documents in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements as well as ABNB policies and procedures.
- Ensures retail staff stay current on training related to product knowledge and compliance procedures. Ensures compliance with all regulations, policies and procedures, and internal/ operational risk controls.
- Represents ABNB in the community, by attending civic and community group meetings participating or volunteering on civic and community projects to generate additional business for the Credit Union; maintain relationships within the community by conducting hospitality calls to nearby businesses, organizations, schools, etc.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Three to Five years of similar or related experience
- Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is of a personal or sensitive nature. Motivating, influencing, and/or training others is key at this level. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
- Thorough knowledge of financial regulations, compliance rules, and policies and procedures.
- Possess good analytical abilities to make decisions and resolve problems.
- Possess organization and time management skills.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills to supervise staff and communicate effectively with the members.
- Must be able to operate a PC and related office equipment and programs with average speed and accuracy. Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite to include: Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Sharepoint.
- Physical qualifications include sitting at a work-station for extended periods of time, standing for extended periods of time while giving presentations or supervising the branch; and being able to lift/carry up to 15 pounds.
- Must have a valid drivers license and the ability to travel between business locations as needed. Branch/Office Environment.
- Previous credit union experience is a plus
- Employee Benefits (401k plans and match opportunities / Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability / Tuition reimbursement / Affordable health insurance options)
- Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises and promotions
- Community focused culture that allows networking and involvement in Hampton Roads and Parts of North Carolina
- An employee-focused, diverse, and member relationship driven workplace environment
Human Resources will only contact qualified candidates upon receipt and review of your résumé. No phone calls please.
** Apply directly at: www.abnbfcu.org/careers **
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation