CURRENT Newsletter | February 6, 2024
Share Your News!
- Email Us
- 800.768.3344, ext. 629
We appreciate our loyal readers! Please send your comments and feedback to email@example.com.
Following a speech today at the Brookings Institution, National Credit Union Administration Chairman Todd Harper announced that the agency will soon require credit unions with more than $1 billion in assets to report data on both overdraft and nonsufficient funds fees separately to the NCUA.
- Read our REGular blog post for insights.
- Also see: League Notes Concerns With NCUA Plan to Collect Overdraft, NSF Info From Large CUs
We'll host a sunset dinner cruise on May 2 in support of the Virginia Credit Union Political Action Committee (VACUPAC) and credit union advocacy! As part of IGNITE | the League Annual Meeting, the dinner cruise will feature a buffet meal and open bar aboard a luxury yacht. Credit unions, business partners and vendors: sponsorship opportunities are available! Note: our top-tier sponsorship levels include attendance on the cruise.
Just interested in the cruise. You can register here.
We'll examine the importance of fostering an inclusive mindset in the workplace and how that helps us grow as individuals and support others. An inclusive, engaged environment improves our ability to recruit and retain top talent; aids us in navigating conflict; and fosters innovative, high-performing, and highly productive organizations. Location: Richmond.
Join us and InfoSight on March 14 as we dive into the intricacies of CU PolicyPro and help you take full advantage of the features and resources available within the policy management system during this free webinar.
Learn how to customize PolicyPro’s model content, best practices for formatting, and how to publish and distribute policies and procedures to your staff, board members, and examiners. This is a great webinar for new users or those who need a refresher on adding and editing content in CU PolicyPro.
As part of our collaborative partnership within the TRGroup, the Virginia Credit Union League is inviting you to participate in our 2024 Compensation/Salary Survey. Setting competitive pay structures for your employees can be a challenge and involves careful consideration of many factors. In order to assist you in this task, TRGroup has partnered with the Cornerstone Credit Union League’s research department to gather information on salary and benefits. A report of the survey findings will be provided at no charge to all credit unions within the TRGroup footprint that participate in the survey.
Through the generosity of Vizo Financial Corporate Credit Union, Virginia's credit unions can apply for grants that will fund financial education projects or programs to empower members to reach financial goals and establish a better quality of life. Up to $50,000 annually will be allocated to Virginia, provided the funds are utilized. Submit your grant application no later than March 15, 2024, to be considered.
In Other News …
- Spotlight on Richmond Heritage Federal Credit Union Board Chairman Darrell Tyler
- Former Richmond Credit Union Presidents are Trying to Close the Wealth Gap
- Registration Open for 2024 Governmental Affairs Conference
- Governance Committee Seeks Candidates for 5 League Board Seats
- Interested in Serving on a League Committee? Let Us Know! (Deadline is Feb. 8!)
- Essentials, Advanced IRA Training Set for Feb. 13-14 as Virtual Event
- League Outlines Service Additions, Enhancements for 2024
- Tidewater Chapter Seeks Nominees for Education Scholarship
- Credit Unions: Apply for Grants to Support Your Financial Education Initiatives
- Feb. 8 CDFI Fund Webinar to Cover Application Questions
- NCUA Sets Feb. 8 Webinar on 2024 Supervisory Priorities
« Return to "CURRENT Newsletter" Go to main navigation