Legislative Reception Aug. 8 in Harrisonburg; Roanoke, Richmond, NoVA Later This Month
Your League and credit unions will host a series of legislative receptions across the Commonwealth, including an event next week (Aug. 8) in Harrisonburg with Congressman Ben Cline and various state lawmakers! Join us in advocating for your credit union and the Virginia credit union system at this event or an event in your area.
- At the state level, we will see unprecedented turnover in the Virginia General Assembly come January and it's important that we start preparing for that change as we approach November's General Elections.
- At the federal level, we're confronted with a number of critically important issues, including interchange; data privacy and security; and legislative and regulatory actions that are targeting programs like overdraft/courtesy pay or which seek to limit the fees credit unions charge for a variety of services.
Your participation in our advocacy efforts is critical!
Join us at any of the receptions listed below ...
- Aug. 8 – Shenandoah Valley Legislative Reception with Congressman Cline (R-06) – Hosted by UVA Community Credit Union / Member Options Mortgage Center (2060 Pro Pointe Lane, Harrisonburg, 22801)
- Aug. 22 - Roanoke Region Legislative Reception with Congressman Griffith (R-09) - Twisted Track Brewpub, 523 Shenandoah Ave. NW, Roanoke, 24016)
- Aug. 24 – Richmond Metro Legislative Reception – Hosted by Credit Union House of Virginia (108 N. 8th Street, Richmond, 23875)
- Aug. 30 – Northern Virginia Legislative Reception with Congresswoman Wexton (D-10) – Hosted by Northwest FCU (200 Spring Street, Herndon, 20170)
- NOTE: We are working with members of Congress to schedule our final August reception in Hampton Roads. We will share this date and location as soon as it's set.
These meet-and-greet receptions will take place from 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. (Harrisonburg event is 5:30 p.m. until 8 p.m.) and are free to attend and open to all credit union employees and volunteers. We hope that you will be able to join us at the Legislative Reception in your area. While attendance is free, we do ask that your RSVP for logistical purposes. If you have any questions, please contact CeJae Vtipilson (804.731.9297 or email@example.com).
June 28 Danville Legislative Reception: Special thanks to 50 credit union supporters who joined us in Danville on June 28 for the first of this summer’s Legislative Receptions! We welcomed Congressman Bob Good, state lawmakers, political candidates and the Danville City Council! See our social media channels for photos and details …
- Share on Facebook: Legislative Reception Aug. 8 in Harrisonburg; Roanoke, Richmond, NoVA Later This Month
- Share on Twitter: Legislative Reception Aug. 8 in Harrisonburg; Roanoke, Richmond, NoVA Later This Month
- Share on LinkedIn: Legislative Reception Aug. 8 in Harrisonburg; Roanoke, Richmond, NoVA Later This Month
- Share on Pinterest: Legislative Reception Aug. 8 in Harrisonburg; Roanoke, Richmond, NoVA Later This Month
« Return to "News" Go to main navigation