Credit Union Day at the General Assembly: 170 CU Advocates Joining Us at the Capitol on Thursday!
More than 170 credit union advocates representing 38 credit unions from across the Commonwealth will gather at the state Capitol on Thursday for Credit Union Day at the General Assembly.
Credit Union Day is our premier state-level advocacy event. We'll share credit unions' service to members and our communities with lawmakers; lobby our Senators for support of HB1727, our digital assets custody services bill; and thank House members for supporting and passing HB1727.
The House passed our bill on Wednesday (Jan. 18). It now moves to the Senate for consideration.
"We're delighted to have so many credit union advocates joining us this week in Richmond!" says League President/CEO Carrie Hunt. "Credit Union Day is a unique opportunity to highlight the 'Credit Union Difference' and educate lawmakers about what makes us the best choice for financial services for millions of Virginians."
Here are things to know for Credit Union Day!
- Jan. 18 Legislator Reception: Our friends at ValleyStar Credit Union will host an open-invite Legislator Reception at the Credit Union House of Virginia (108 N 8th St., Richmond, 23219), 4:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m. Credit union advocates are welcome to attend. All members of the General Assembly have been invited! No need to RSVP...
- Get the League Mobile App: We've loaded the current schedule and resources for Credit Union Day into the League mobile app. Get the app here if you need it - http://app.resultsathand.com/vaculapp or scan the QRCode
If you have trouble logging in, message us in the app...
- Credit Union House of Virginia: We'll open our doors at 7 a.m. (108 N 8th St., Richmond, 23219). We'll have a supply of Credit Union Day scarves on-hand and breakfast will be available!
- Lawmaker Meetings: Meetings are scheduled from about 8 a.m. until noon, but plan for a few changes. Veterans of Credit Union Day know that flexibility and patience are always required when scheduling meetings with lawmakers. We'll have print versions of our schedule available, or access the schedule in the League app.
- Lawmaker Flier: We've created a flier you can leave with lawmakers that outlines our legislation, the "Credit Union Difference" and some fast facts about the Commonwealth's credit unions. Access the flier here.
- Legislation Talking Points: Learn more about our credit union legislation - HB1727. Download our talking points.
- Group Photo: There's a major change for our group photo this year. Owed to ongoing and extensive construction at the Capitol and on the Capitol grounds, we'll be taking our group photo on the sidewalk outside the Credit Union House of Virginia. Please join us if you can! We'll start to gather about 11:30 a.m. for a photo about 11:45 a.m. We may need to be a little flexible on the time here, so we appreciate your understanding...
- Your Photos: Please share your photos from Credit Union Day! We're using #CUDay2023 for social posts. If you want to forward photos to the League for posting, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lunch at Credit Union House: If your schedule permits, please join us at the Credit Union House of Virginia for lunch. To-go options will be available!
« Return to "Latest News" Go to main navigation