Compliance: FinCEN Issues BOI Reporting Guidance
The Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) issued guidance Friday on its Beneficial Ownership Information (BOI) reporting rule, which is effective Jan. 1, 2024.
The Corporate Transparency Act (CTA) establishes uniform beneficial ownership information reporting requirements for certain types of corporations, limited liability companies, and other similar entities, and authorizes FinCEN to collect that information. The CTA is part of the Anti-Money Laundering Act of 2020.
Information published by FinCEN includes:
- A short introductory video of the BOI reporting requirements.
- A frequently asked questions document.
- A list of key questions for stakeholders.
- A list of BOI report filing dates.
- An instructional video on the requirements.
« Return to "Latest News" Go to main navigation