Event Code of Conduct
As Approved by the Virginia Credit Union League Board of Directors
The Virginia Credit Union League (“VACUL”) is proud to sponsor various educational, social, and other events for the benefit of our members, their employees and volunteers, and other guests. At such events as well as all functions where the League is a host or sponsor, we aim to encourage true collaboration, creativity, innovation, and sharing of ideas for all event participants. We are committed to an inclusive event experience regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, religion, or disability.
This Code of Conduct describes expectations of behavior and unacceptable forms of behavior and applies to all participants at VACUL events, including attendees, guests, employees, exhibitors, speakers, sponsors and volunteers. By his or her attendance at such events, each participant is deemed to accept and abide by this Code of Conduct
Expected Participant Behavior
- Treat all participants with respect, dignity and consideration, and value a diversity of views and opinions.
- Dress and behave in a professional manner.
- Respect the rules and policies of the event organizer and venue.
Unacceptable Participant Behavior
- Harassment, bullying, discrimination in any form, or sexual harassment, including unwanted touching, hugging or sexual advances of any kind.
- Physical abuse to any participant.
- Verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations or social media.
- Offensive behavior or language, sexually explicit language or conduct, obscene gestures, or slurs.
- A participant who is requested to cease unacceptable behavior must cease the unacceptable behavior immediately.
- VACUL reserves the right to take any necessary and appropriate action to terminate the unacceptable behavior, including immediate removal of the participant from the event without refund.
- VACUL reserves the right to not allow any participant who has violated this Code of Conduct to attend future VACUL events.
If you are the subject of unacceptable behavior or have witnessed any such behavior, please notify VACUL staff immediately so they can take proper action.Go to main navigation