CURRENT Newsletter | December 15, 2023
Share Your News!
- Email Us
- 800.768.3344, ext. 629
We appreciate our loyal readers! Please send your comments and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hampton Roads-Area CUs, League Host Legislative Reception in Norfolk
ABNB Federal Credit Union and the League last night hosted a Legislative Reception in Norfolk as credit unions gear up for a busy 2024 General Assembly. More than 40 credit union champions were on hand to meet with lawmakers, representing ABNB Federal Credit Union, BayPort Credit Union, Beach Municipal Federal Credit Union, Bronco Federal Credit Union, Chartway Credit Union and Langley Federal Credit Union.
- CUs, League Meet with Lt. Gov. Earle-Sears
Credit union and League representatives met yesterday with Virginia Lt. Gov. Winsome Earle-Sears at her Richmond office.
- NCUA Approves Lower-Than-Proposed 2024-2025 Budget; League Appreciates NCUA Board's Action on Issues Raised During Budget Hearing
Your League and other system partners played a key role in securing a more favorable NCUA budget. League President/CEO Carrie Hunt testified at the agency’s public hearing on the proposed budget and submitted written comments outlining several areas of concern. Many of those concerns were addressed in the budget approved yesterday, which was $8.8 million less than the draft budget.
The agency’s 2024-2025 budget wasn’t the only thing on the NCUA Board’s Dec. 14 agenda. League Chief Advocacy Officer JT Blau spotlights other items of interest to credit unions, including a new agency policy that will aid small credit unions – a measure that your League urged the NCUA Board to adopt.
In today’s digital landscape, cyber threats pose a growing risk to credit unions. To help navigate these challenges, join us Monday, Dec. 18 at 10:30 a.m. for a virtual town hall. We are bringing together industry experts to enhance your understanding of cyber threats and share best practices for prevention and response.
Looking to secure your IGNITE | League Annual Meeting registration through this year’s budget? Registration is now open for our premier networking and education event, which is being held May 1-3 on the waterfront in Washington, D.C. at InterContinental (The Wharf).
As part of our collaborative partnership within the TRGroup, your League invites you to participate in our 2024 Compensation/Salary Survey. Setting competitive pay structures for your employees can be challenging and involves considering many factors carefully. To assist you in this task, TRGroup has partnered with the Cornerstone Credit Union League’s research department to gather information on salary and benefits.
In Other News …
- Freedom First Surpasses $100,000 in Play for Purpose Giving
- VACU Named 2023 Outstanding Economic Development Partner
- BayPort CU: VBCPS ATC’s New Renewable Energy Technology Program Now Open
- Our Premier State-Level Advocacy Event is Back! Join Us In Richmond Jan. 18 for Credit Union Day at the General Assembly
- NCUA: Registration Now Open for Jan. 3 'Credit Union Diversity Self-Assessment' Webinar
- 2022 Credit Union Diversity Self-Assessment Results Now Available
« Return to "CURRENT Newsletter" Go to main navigation