UVA Community CU Welcomes NCUA Board Member Rodney Hood
Photo top: Pictured (from left): Katie Bailey (Director of Membership and Business Development at the Virginia Credit Union League), Valerie Laury (UVA Community CU West Main St. Branch Vault Teller), the Honorable Rodney E. Hood/NCUA Board Member, Belinda Tucker (UVA Community's COO), and Janine Williams (UVA Community's VP of Credit Union Affairs)
League Director of Membership and Business Development Katie Bailey joined UVA Community Credit Union yesterday in Charlottesville to welcome NCUA Board Member Rodney Hood. Janine Williams (Vice President of Credit Union Affairs at UVA Community CU) and Belinda Tucker (COO of UVA Community CU) provided Board Member Hood with an overview of the credit union's services. Hood is on a 50-state tour visiting credit unions and state leagues as he approaches the end of his term as an NCUA board member.
“Our team was thrilled to meet with Board Member Hood and experience his positivity for our movement firsthand," said UVA Community Credit Union's Janine Williams. "As his term with NCUA is coming to a close, I want to thank him for his years of service and especially for his belief in our credit union system, mission of cooperation, and service to our member-owners. He has been a champion!”
Photo right: NCUA Board Member Rodney Hood visits a branch office of UVA Community Credit Union.
Board Member Hood discussed …
- National Cyber Security Month.
- Nation Disability Awareness Month.
- MERIT, the NCUA’s web-based examination platform.
- How important FinTech is in attracting a new generation of members to the credit union industry.
UVA Community Credit Union noted …
- Their “Hometown Hero Mortgage” which is designed to help local heroes afford a home in the community they serve. The mortgage loan aids those working in education, medical care, as first responders, and those serving in the military.
- The great rates on offer with their new share certificate promotion, and its
- MaxSaver Money Market account, which pays the highest amount on the lowest balances allowing members to jump-start their savings.
« Return to "Credit Union News Releases" Go to main navigation