- Debt Ceiling Bill Passes House with Broad Bipartisan Support, But Virginia Delegation Splits on Vote
June 2, 2023
UPDATE: Senate passes debt ceiling bill, heads to President Biden’s desk
Your League called the offices of every member of Virginia’s Congressional Delegation in the run-up to last night’s vote on the debt ceiling bill, urging a speedy resolution to the crisis. While the bill passed with broad bipartisan support in the House, passage in the Senate could prove trickier. The bill must garner at least 60 votes in the Senate to pass, and a vote could come as early as tonight.
- League Calls Every Member of Virginia Congressional Delegation; Urges Speedy Resolution to Debt Ceiling Issue
May 31, 2023
Your League called every member of Virginia’s congressional delegation to urge a speedy resolution on the issue of the debt ceiling.
- IGNITE Panel Discusses CU Issues, Concerns at State, National and International Levels
May 31, 2023
Credit unions are facing challenges from the state level to the international stage. IGNITE 2023’s programming included a panel discussion of the top-of-mind advocacy issues with panelists Carrie Hunt (Virginia League) Elissa McCarter LaBorde (World Council of Credit Unions), Daniel Tucker (Virginia Bureau of Financial Institutions), Alex Shelton (Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond), and Robb Bohannon (Hunton Andrews Kurth).
- League’s Compliance Roundtable Set for June 14
May 30, 2023
Count on your League to help you manage today's complex regulatory compliance environment. Our next quarterly Compliance Roundtable is scheduled for June 14. Register here
- League President/CEO Carrie Hunt Interviews Virginia Attorney General Jason Miyares
May 25, 2023
Virginia Credit Union League President/CEO Carrie Hunt recently interviewed Virginia Attorney General Jason Miyares for his perspective on the recent General Assembly session, the ongoing debate on the state budget, and various regulatory and legal issues of interest to credit unions.
- Thanks VACUPAC Champions!
May 24, 2023
Thank you to the 80 golfers and sponsors who made today's VACUPAC Golf Challenge a success! We appreciate your support in helping us advance credit union advocacy!
- State Efforts to Regulate Earned Wage Access Heating Up
May 19, 2023
Attempts across state legislatures to regulate earned wage access services are picking up steam. Several states, including Georgia, Kansas, Texas and Virginia, introduced bills this year. Others, including New Jersey and New York, have attempted to pass bills in recent years. California's Department of Financial Protection and Innovation (DFPI) recently issued a notice of proposed rulemaking on the subject.
- NCUA Chairman Harper Testifies Before the US House Committee on Financial Services
May 16, 2023
National Credit Union Administration Chairman Todd M. Harper, along with other financial regulatory agency principals, testified today at a hearing before the U.S. House Committee on Financial Services.
- VACUPAC Golf Challenge: Registration Closes May 18
May 16, 2023
The 34th Annual VACUPAC Golf Challenge will be held May 24 at the Golden Horseshoe Golf Club. Golfer registrations are being accepted through May 18! Join us in Williamsburg and help support credit unions' advocacy work.
- CUs, League Meet With State Sen. Lionell Spruill
May 12, 2023
Credit union advocates from ABNB Federal Credit Union, BayPort Credit Union and your League today met with state Sen. Lionell Spruill (D-05) at an ABNB branch in Chesapeake.