CU CEOs Seek Seat on FHLBank Atlanta
Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta (Bank) is conducting an election to fill two member directorships, one independent directorship, and one public interest independent directorship on its board of directors.
Eligible institutions in North Carolina and Virginia will vote to fill the member directorship in their respective state, and eligible institutions across the Bank’s footprint, including Virginia, will vote to fill the independent directorship and the public interest independent directorship.
All elected directors will serve four-year terms that begin on Jan. 1, 2021.
The nominees for the Virginia member directorship are:
- Jeff Bentley, President and Chief Executive Officer, Northwest Federal Credit Union, Herndon, Virginia
- Charles A. Mallon, Jr., President and Chief Executive Officer, ABNB Federal Credit Union, Chesapeake, Virginia
- Scott C. Harvard, Chief Executive Officer and Director, First Bank, Strasburg, Virginia; Director, Community Bankers Bank, Midlothian, Virginia
The FHLBank Atlanta board of directors has nominated the following individual for the independent directorship:
- Edwina L. Payne, Senior Vice President, Technology Strategy and Enterprise Portfolio, for McKesson Corporation in Alpharetta, Georgia
The FHLBank Atlanta board of directors has also nominated the following individual for the public interest independent directorship:
- Kim D. Saunders, Director, President and Chief Executive Officer of the National Bankers Association in Washington, DC.
Your institution’s vote is important and the Bank encourages you to participate in the election. An independent director nominee must receive at least 20 percent of the votes eligible to be cast to be elected.
The deadline for the Bank to receive completed ballots is 5 p.m. EDT, Sept. 23, 2020. Questions about the 2020 director elections can be directed to Tina Carew, Associate General Counsel, at 404.888.8549 or email@example.com.Go to main navigation