Credit Union News Releases
- ABNB FCU Announces Amazon Alexa-Enabled Banking
ABNB Federal Credit Union is thrilled to announce the debut of our new mobile banking access via Amazon’s virtual assistant Alexa! Launching on October 26th, 2020, members will be able to enjoy the convenience of accessing their ABNB accounts 24/7, hands-free, in a secure environment right on their Alexa device from wherever they are.
- DCCU Credit Card Campaign Makes a Difference
To support the needs of local families, DCCU made the commitment to donate 1% of all restaurant purchases to the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank, where every $1 donated helps provide 4 meals. As a result of its Dine Out & Make a Difference campaign, DCCU was pleased to donate $13,394.58 to the Food Bank, which will help provide over 53,000 meals for families in need.
- Langley FCU Foundation's Charity Golf Classic Raises $378,000
Langley for Families hosted its 6th Annual Charity Golf Classic at Golden Horseshoe Golf Club in Williamsburg on Tuesday, Sept. 29, 2020, raising $378,000 in gross proceeds, the highest in its history.
- Chartway Federal Credit Union, Saint Matthews Federal Credit Union Announce Merger Proposal
Chartway Federal Credit Union is pleased to announce that the National Credit Union Administration has given its approval for Saint Matthew’s Federal Credit Union to merge into Chartway. The proposed merger will now go before the Saint Matthew’s membership for a vote to accept the merger proposal, as agreed on by both credit unions.
- BayPort Credit Union Wins First in Financial Education, Community Outreach
BayPort Credit Union has won in all four award categories in the 2020 Social Responsibility Awards sponsored by the Virginia Credit Union League (VACUL) and the Credit Union National Association (CUNA). BayPort is recognized for making youth and adult financial education accessible and engaging, excellence in member service, and sustained community giving.
- 1st Advantage Earns Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Certification for Commitment to Hiring Military Veterans
The Commonwealth of Virginia’s Department of Veterans Services (DVS) has awarded 1st Advantage Federal Credit Union the Virginia Values Veterans (V3) certification for its commitment to hiring military veterans.
- Credit Unions, Credit Unions Care Foundation Support Roanoke-Area Non-Profits with $10,000 in Donations
Through the Credit Unions Care Foundation, credit unions in the Roanoke Valley recently donated $10,000 to local non-profits.
- New Personalized Financial Wellness Tool Kicks Off with $10,000 Debt Reduction Giveaway
In line with its mission to improve the financial health and wellness of its membership, Call Federal Credit Union has partnered with Enrich, an industry leader in customizable financial education platforms, to launch the Money & Beyond Portal. This new online financial wellness center provides personalized learning experiences with interactive courses, budgeting tools, videos, and more. Users have the ability to set goals, track progress, and level up their financial skills and knowledge with current, relevant educational content.
- Virginia Credit Union Recognized for Financial Education
Virginia Credit Union has received statewide recognition for financial education programs for adults and youth. Virginia Credit Union took first place among large credit unions in the state for adult financial education and second place among large credit unions for youth in the Desjardins financial education awards sponsored by the statewide trade association, the Virginia Credit Union League.
- CU CEOs Seek Seat on FHLBank Atlanta
Two Virginia-based credit union CEOs are seeking a Board seat on the Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta: Jeff Bentley (Northwest Federal Credit Union, Herndon, Virginia) and Charles A. Mallon, Jr., (ABNB Federal Credit Union, Chesapeake, Virginia).
- Chartway FCU Welcomes Jim Bibbs as Associate Director
Chartway Federal Credit Union proudly welcomes Jim Bibbs to its newly established associate director development program, designed to provide a prepared slate of board succession candidates to ensure continuity of board leadership.
- Credit Unions Care Foundation, Roanoke-Area CUs Donate $5,000 to Red Cross
The Credit Unions Care Foundation of Virginia, representing credit unions in the greater Roanoke area, presented a check to the American Red Cross in the amount of $5,000 to aid in the American Red Cross mission to "prevent and alleviate human suffering."
- Chartway Federal Credit Union Proudly Announces Promotion of Fernando Perez to Comptroller
Chartway Federal Credit Union is proud to announce Fernando Perez as its new comptroller.
- 1st Advantage Provides Digital Financial Education to Local Schools
At 1st Advantage Federal Credit Union supporting our communities also means supporting our students. Together with EVERFI, a leading education technology company, we were able to bring a digital-based financial education program to 2,659 students for a total of 12,904 hours of learning across 12 local schools.
- DCCU Expands Mortgage Team
DuPont Community Credit Union (DCCU) is pleased to announce the hiring of Mr. Jay Hutchens as Mortgage Sales Manager and Mr. Joe Wingfield who joins the mortgage team as a Mortgage Advisor serving the Harrisonburg and Rockingham County areas.
- Chartway Federal Credit Union Looks Forward to Welcoming Cadmus Credit Union Members
Following approval from the National Credit Union Administration and the Virginia Bureau of Financial Institutions, Chartway Federal Credit Union (Chartway) is pleased to announce that a July 31, 2020, merger is planned with Cadmus Credit Union (Cadmus).
- Justice Federal Credit Union Awards Scholarships
Justice Federal Credit Union is pleased to announce the recipients of the Building Futures across the Nation, Annual Scholarship Competition.
- Virginia Credit Union’s Move to Online Education Breaks Records
More than 20,000 individuals attended a Virginia Credit Union financial education program in the second quarter of 2020.
- Lambrecht, Reynolds Promoted at ValleyStar
ValleyStar Credit Union is pleased to announce the promotion of Lisa M. Lambrecht to the position of Executive Vice President and Andrew Reynolds to the position of Senior Vice President/Chief Financial Officer.
- Langley Federal Credit Union Announces Jean M. Yokum Scholarship Winners
Langley Federal Credit Union has awarded Jean M. Yokum College Scholarships to four deserving college-bound credit union members.
- Beach Municipal Federal Credit Union Awards 2020 Education Scholarships
Beach Municipal Federal Credit Union is pleased to announce that Amber Morse and Caroline Phillips are the recipients of this year’s Beach Municipal Federal Credit Union Education Scholarship.
- Virginia Credit Union Moonlight Ride Cycles on Virtually
The Virginia Credit Union Moonlight Ride has transitioned to a virtual event this year — and registration is now open!
- Hampton Roads CUs, Virginia Credit Union League Recognize Scholarship Winners
Hampton Roads-area credit unions of the Virginia Credit Union League recently presented the Garland K. Keeling Memorial Scholarships to five well deserving Greater Peninsula high school students.
- Chartway FCU Awards Directors’ Memorial Scholarship To Seven Student Members
Chartway Federal Credit Union is proud to announce that seven student members have been selected to each receive a $3,000 scholarship, totaling $21,000 in financial assistance.
- Chartway Federal Credit Union Welcomes Two New Leaders
Chartway Federal Credit Union is proud to welcome two new leaders to its leadership team: Ben Lemoine, chief financial officer, and Rebecca Riordan, chief talent officer.
- $10,000 Grant Awarded to Credit Union for COVID-19 Relief
Hampton Roads Educators Credit Union, Inc. (HRECU) was awarded a $10,000 grant to fund the COVID19 Loan Payment Relief Program (CLPRP). The grant will assist the credit union in helping members financially by deferring their loan payments.
- BayPort Announces Winners of $50k Debt Paydown Sweepstakes
A special education teacher, a small business owner, an elementary school assistant principal, and a retired shipyard worker are among the 10 winners of BayPort's $50k Debt Paydown Sweepstakes, a program that raises awareness of and improves the financial wellness of its members.
- 1st Advantage Foundation Hosts Virtual Baby Shower for Local Military Families (5/27/2020)
- 1st Advantage Awards $12,000 in Scholarships
For nearly 50 years 1st Advantage has been providing scholarships to first-year college students.
- BayPort Donates $150,000 to Area Organizations Impacted by COVID-19
BayPort Credit Union today announced it is donating $150,000 to five local organizations that are helping the Hampton Roads community cope with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- BayPort Renews Focus on Financial Education through an App that Pays Users to Learn
BayPort Credit Union today announced it has launched an exclusive partnership with award-winning mobile financial literacy app provider Zogo.
- Chartway Federal Credit Union Announces 2020 - 2021 Board of Directors
Chartway Federal Credit Union is proud to announce that on Feb. 20, 2020, it held its Annual Meeting at its Headquarters in Virginia Beach, VA.
- Chartway FCU’s Shrey Solanki Selected to Attend CUNA GAC as Crasher
The Virginia Credit Union League is pleased to announce that Shrey Solanki of Chartway Federal Credit Union will be representing Virginia this year! Shrey has been with the credit union for almost two years and his current role is Accounting Specialist. He is a graduate of Old Dominion University in Norfolk, VA.
- Call Federal, RiverTrace Credit Unions Finalize Merger Details
Call Federal Credit Union is becoming a little bit bigger in the greater Richmond community after merging with RiverTrace Credit Union, a financial institution with over sixty years of history in the region. After approval by the National Credit Union Association in mid-2019 and an affirmative vote for the merger at a special RiverTrace member meeting on October 30th, the merger will become official on February 3, 2020.
- ABNB Promotes New Director of E-Services, New Director of Branch Operations
ABNB is excited to share the promotions of Brenda Reed-Olejasz to Director of E-Services, and Leisa Brissett to Director of Branch Operations.
- Beach Municipal Federal Credit Union Celebrates 50 Years
From modest beginnings in a broom closet on the third floor of Building 1 at the Municipal Center, the credit union has grown to more than $120 million in assets and over 11,000 members. With our help, our members have built homes, financed college educations and realized their financial success.
- Hampton Roads Educators Credit Union Awards Financial Literacy Grants to Local Teachers
The grants will help support current or new classroom projects that focus on financial literacy.
- 12 Lucky Winners and One Salvation Army Family Win Holiday Shopping Sprees at Local Kroger Stores
BayPort Credit Union awards 3-minute shopping sprees at local Kroger stores Dec. 12 across Hampton Roads including Virginia Beach, Chesapeake/Portsmouth, Suffolk, Smithfield, Hampton, Newport News/Tabb, Hayes/Gloucester, and Grafton.
- Chartway Federal Credit Union Partners with J&A Racing for Annual Hampton Roads Weekend
The Chartway Norfolk Harbor Half Marathon, 10K, and We Promise Foundation 5K, took place November 22 – 24, 2019, in Norfolk, VA. For the past five years, the race weekend has been presented by Chartway Federal Credit Union in partnership with J&A Racing.
- 1st Advantage Earns First Place Award for Community Service Initiative
1st Advantage has been awarded the Dora Maxwell Social Responsibility and Community Service Award, presented by the Credit Union National Association and the Virginia Credit Union League.
- Chartway FCU's We Promise Foundation Raises $700,000 for Charity
Chartway Federal Credit Union’s We Promise Foundation hosted two inspiring events to raise funds that will bring joy, hope, and smiles to children facing medical hardship or illness. Thanks to the generosity of sponsors and supporters, the 14th Annual We Promise Foundation Gala and 21st Annual Charity Golf Classic raised nearly $700,000.
- League Announces State-Level Social Responsibility Award Winners
Seven credit unions honored for member service, financial education initiatives and community service.
- Chartway Federal Credit Union’s Directors’ Memorial Scholarship Program Awards Seven Scholarships to Student Members
Chartway Federal Credit Union is proud to announce that seven student members have been selected to each receive a $3,000 scholarship, totaling $21,000 in academic support.
- ABNB Announces New Auto Dealer Lending Liaison
Robert S. Henderson Jr. joins ABNB Federal Credit Union as Dealer Lending Liaison in the Loan Center.
- Credit Union Cultivator LLC Welcomes Hampton Roads Educators Credit Union Inc to its Client List
Credit Union Cultivator LLC announced it has on-boarded Hampton Roads Educators Credit Union Inc, headquartered in Hampton, Virginia.
- ABNB Announces New Chesapeake Square Relationship Manager
Yuriko Leverich has joined ABNB Federal Credit Union as the new Relationship Manager at the Chesapeake Square branch. She brings nearly 10 years of financial services experience to the credit union holding multiple branch managerial roles at a variety of banks in the Hampton Roads, Virginia area.
- ABNB Announces New Insurance Operations Manager
Donald Scott Chapman has joined ABNB Insurance as the new Insurance Operations Manager. He brings over 20 years of combined business development and insurance experience to the credit union most recently as owner of The Chapman Agency in Hampton Roads.
- ValleyStar Credit Union Donates $40,000 to Local Children’s Miracle Network (CMN) Hospital
ValleyStar Credit Union raised $40,000 for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals (Southwest Virginia) through its recent golf tournament. The credit union's fundraising efforts included sponsorships, team entries, and ValleyStar employee fundraising, as well as a $10,000 Miracle Match donation from CO-OP Financial Services.
- DCCU Shred Days Help Fight Hunger
DCCU Shred Days are an open invitation for the community to bring personal documents to be shredded for free.
- Bronco Federal Credit Union Awards $22,000 in Scholarships
Bronco Federal Credit Union is pleased to award $22,000 in scholarships to nine high school seniors from the community.
- DCCU Announces 2019 Scholarship Winners
DCCU proudly awarded a total of $26,000 in scholarships to deserving students in its community.
- DCCU Named Top Virginia Credit Union on Forbes List
DuPont Community Credit Union (DCCU) has been ranked as the top Virginia credit union according to Forbes.
- Virginia Credit Union Members, Employees Volunteer Together at Shalom Farms
Nearly 100 Virginia Credit Union employees and members joined in a community service project by installing fencing, building a mobile garden classroom and participating in other farm projects at Shalom Farms on June 1.
Go to main navigation