Credit Union News Releases
- Chartway Awards Directors’ Memorial Scholarship to 10 Student Members
Chartway is proud to announce that 10 student members have been selected to receive a $3,000 scholarship, totaling $30,000 in financial support. The Directors’ Memorial Scholarship, an ongoing program created in 1989, has awarded nearly $380,000 to student members pursuing collegiate studies.
- Arlington Community Federal Credit Union Announces Proposed Merger with InFirst Federal Credit Union
Arlington Community Federal Credit Union, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, and InFirst Federal Credit Union, headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, announced today they are seeking regulatory approval to merge. With this merger, Arlington Community FCU will welcome InFirst’s 16,000 members, resulting in an organization with combined assets of $700 million.
- Blue Eagle Credit Union Awards $10,000 in Scholarships
Blue Eagle Credit Union, holding true to their brand promise of Pay Less. Earn More. Have Fun., has awarded $10,000 in scholarships to help students pay less in tuition, get on track to earn more, and even have some fun along the way.
- The Chartway Promise Foundation and Make-A-Wish Greater Virginia Surprise Teen Battling Cancer with a Trip to San Diego Zoo Safari Park
The Chartway Promise Foundation – the charitable arm of Chartway Credit Union – and Make-A-Wish Greater Virginia surprised 12-year-old Anna who has bravely faced cancer since 2018 with the news that her wish to be a zookeeper for cheetahs at San Diego Safari Park is going to be granted thanks to funds from the Chartway Promise Foundation given to Make-A-Wish Greater Virginia.
- Tidewater Chapter Holds Charity Golf Tournament to Support Local Children's Hospital
The Tidewater Chapter held its 9th Annual Charity Golf Tournament on June 3, raising funds for Children's Hospital of the Kings Daughters, the Norfolk-based Children's Miracle Network Hospital.
- Richmond-Area Credit Unions Hit the Links in Support of VACUPAC
Fifty-four golfers teed off in the Richmond-area Bill Dawson VACUPAC Golf Tournament on Thursday. Hosted and organized by Henrico Federal Credit Union, the annual fundraiser supports the Virginia Credit Union Political Action Committee (VACUPAC), the political action committee for Virginia-based credit unions.
- ValleyStar RISE Foundation Charity Golf Tournament Raises $50,000 to Support Children’s Miracle Network
The ValleyStar RISE Foundation is thrilled to announce that this year’s Big Tee Off golf tournament raised $50,000 for Children’s Miracle Network after a two-year hiatus.
- Tidewater Chapter Awards Scholarships Totaling $19,000
The Tidewater Chapter awarded $19,000 in scholarships to deserving high school seniors at the chapter's recent annual Scholarship Night.
- Langley for Families Foundation Raises Record-Breaking $520,000 at Charity Golf Classic
Langley for Families Foundation hosted its eighth Annual Charity Golf Classic at Golden Horseshoe Golf Club in Williamsburg on May 17 and raised a record-breaking $520,000 in gross profits for local nonprofits.
- Susan M. Gruber Named President/CEO of UVA Community Credit Union
The Board of Directors at UVA Community Credit Union is pleased to announce the appointment of Susan M. Gruber as President and Chief Executive Officer of UVA Community Credit Union.
- ValleyStar Credit Union Announces New Executive Director for Its RISE Foundation
ValleyStar Credit Union in collaboration with the ValleyStar RISE Foundation board announces Greta Kidd as its executive director to collaborate with communities to identify challenges and opportunities for the advancement of economic resilience.
- Virginia Credit Union to Open New Location in Carytown
Virginia Credit Union will open its newest branch location in the Carytown Place Shopping Center, 10 N. Nansemond Street, on Monday, June 13.
- BayPort Foundation Charity Golf Classic Raises More Than $110,000 Toward its Mission
The BayPort Foundation is excited to announce that it has raised $113,170 at its first-ever Charity Golf Classic event, hosted on April 28, 2022. Forty local businesses sponsored the inaugural tournament along with the 84 golfers who played the award-winning golf course at the James River Country Club in Newport News.
- ABNB Hires Elaine Cuevas as Director of Training
ABNB Federal Credit Union welcomes Elaine Cuevas as its new Director of Training reporting to Lisa Church, Vice President of Service and Solutions.
- ValleyStar RISE Foundation Exceeds Expectations to Raise Life-Saving Funds for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals
The ValleyStar RISE Foundation, the charitable arm of ValleyStar Credit Union, is thrilled to host The Big Tee Off golf tournament at Chatmoss Country Club in Martinsville, Virginia, on May 5, 2022. All funds raised will support Carilion Children’s Hospital located in Roanoke, Virginia.
- Fort Lee FCU Announces Upcoming Rebrand, New Name
Fort Lee Federal Credit Union has released their upcoming new name, Homebase Credit Union. Along with the new name, the new logo and colors were revealed. The information was announced at their annual meeting on April 27, 2022, and it will become official in July of this year.
- Chartway Promise Foundation Grants $62,500 to Roc Solid Foundation
Chartway Federal Credit Union’s We Promise Foundation, has presented a charitable grant of $62,500 to Roc Solid Foundation, a Chesapeake-based nonprofit that builds hope for kids fighting cancer.
- ABNB Federal Credit Union Holds 62nd Annual Meeting, Re-Elects Board Members
ABNB Federal Credit Union held its 62nd Annual Business Meeting April 26, 2022 and reinforced its commitment to serving members’ financial needs and giving back to the communities where it conducts business.
- Peoples Advantage Federal Credit Union Officially Opens Financial Empowerment Center at Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
On Friday, April 15, 2022, Peoples Advantage Federal Credit Union (PAFCU) celebrated the grand opening of their Financial Empowerment Center. This center is designed to offer credit reviews, educational seminars, and classes, and provide other credit union accommodations. The center will also provide a full-service ATM, available 24/7.
- BayPort Credit Union Celebrates Financial Literacy Month
April is U.S. National Financial Literacy Month, and BayPort is inviting the community to learn the importance of saving money and living a financially-healthy life now and in the future. Participants can learn and earn by winning $5, $10, and $15 gift cards, $250 gas gift cards, and $1,000 to pay off their debt.
- BayPort Donates $10,000 to The Ukrainian Credit Union Displacement Fund
BayPort Credit Union announced it is donating $10,000 to The Ukrainian Credit Union Displacement Fund through the Worldwide Foundation of Credit Unions.
- UVA Community Credit Union Announces New Talent in Mortgage Division
UVA Community Credit Union is pleased to announce Thomas McGloon as Regional Mortgage Director of Member Options, LLC, the mortgage division of UVA Community Credit Union.
- Vizo Financial Raises $62,525 for Ukrainian Credit Union Displacement Fund
Vizo Financial Corporate Credit Union was ready and willing to join the Worldwide Foundation of Credit Union’s fundraising efforts for the Ukrainian Credit Union Displacement Fund. In doing so, the corporate credit union raised $62,525 in support of war-torn Ukraine over a period of just four weeks.
- Chartway Holds 63rd Annual Meeting; Announces 2022–2023 Board of Directors
On March 29, 2022, Chartway held its 63rd Annual Meeting and elected by acclamation the following individuals to the board of directors: Nancy W. McMahon, Robert O. Holmes, Ronald V. da Silva, Jared B. Perry and Lara A. Shields. Following the Annual Meeting, the board recognized CAPT George E. Sauer III, USN (Ret.) for his leadership as chair since 2019 and held its annual organizational meeting. During this time, the following slate of officers were established: Nancy W. McMahon (chair), CAPT George E. Sauer III, USN (Ret.) (1st vice chair); Melinda M. Barbish (2nd vice chair); CAPT Wayne E. Foshay, Sr., USN, (secretary); and Robert O. Holmes (treasurer)
- Hampton Roads Educators Credit Union Awards 5 Scholarships
Hampton Roads Educators Credit Union (HRECU) awarded five scholarships to local high school seniors and school employees.
- ValleyStar Credit Union Announces New Vice President of Brand
ValleyStar Credit Union announces Stephanie Potter as its vice president of brand to develop and execute the brand vision across all channels while aligning messages to target audiences and business objectives.
- ValleyStar Credit Union Announces New Vice President of Mortgage Lending
ValleyStar Credit Union announces Denise Ratliff as its vice president of mortgage lending to plan and oversee activities in the lending department while ensuring the implementation of effective policies for loan products and management.
- ValleyStar Credit Union Announces New SVP of IT
ValleyStar Credit Union announces Ben McBride as its senior vice president of IT. He joins the executive team, working alongside his colleagues to build innovative and secure member-focused service.
- ValleyStar Credit Union Announces New Vice President of Facilities and Security
ValleyStar Credit Union announces Tony Turner as its vice president of facilities and security. In this role, Tony will collaborate with all teams to ensure that employees and members feel safe and enjoy their experience while visiting and working in ValleyStar facilities.
- ValleyStar Credit Union Announces Vice President of Organizational Development
ValleyStar Credit Union announces Rob Brown as its vice president of organizational development. In his new role, Rob will be responsible for learning and development and strategic workforce planning activities.
- ValleyStar Credit Union Brings Home Gold ADDY Award
The ValleyStar Credit Union marketing team brought home a Gold ADDY award after being honored at the American Advertising Federation (AAF) of Roanoke’s Back in Black Gala event.
- Fredericksburg Nationals, Virginia Credit Union Announce Naming Rights Deal
We have a name for the Fredericksburg Nationals (Low-A East) ballpark that opened in 2021 as a result of a naming-rights deal: Virginia Credit Union Stadium. Fans can expect to see Virginia Credit Union signage in the ballpark on Opening Day, April 12, 2022.
- BayPort Credit Union Opens Fourth Virginia Beach Branch
BayPort Credit Union announced it has opened its fourth Virginia Beach branch to better serve its growing Southside membership. BayPort celebrated the grand opening with an official ribbon-cutting ceremony led by Virginia Beach Mayor Bobby Dyer.
- The BayPort Foundation Raises Nearly $160,000 in its First Year Launch
In its first year, the BayPort Foundation has raised $158,875 to support student scholarships and educational grants in the Greater Hampton Roads area.
- Chartway’s Refreshed Brand Identity Conveys Its Promise to Help Individuals, Families Thrive
Chartway is proud to announce its refreshed look/feel and new logo to reflect its promise to innovate and embrace change to serve its current members and the next generation.
- Chartway Kicks Off Brand Refresh During NFL Championship Game
To reflect its promise to innovate and embrace change to serve its current members and the next generation, Chartway will “kick-off” a new refreshed look/feel during Super Bowl LVI, using a 30-second TV commercial set to air in its two primary markets, Hampton Roads, VA, and Salt Lake City/St. George, UT. The ad will appear during the live broadcast in the local ad inventory of NBC affiliates WAVY-TV Ch. 10 (Virginia) and KSL-TV 5 (Utah).
- Energage Names Chartway a 2022 Top Workplaces USA Winner
Chartway is proud to announce that in addition to being recognized as a “Top Workplace in Hampton Roads” by Inside Business and a “Top Workplace in Utah” by The Salt Lake Tribune in 2021, the Hampton Roads-based credit union has been awarded a 2022 Top Workplaces USA honor by Energage.
- Northwest Federal Wins an Energage 'Top Workplace' Award for the Third Year in Row
Northwest Federal Credit Union recently announced that they are a recipient of a Top Workplace award from Energage, a nationally-recognized leader in measuring workplace engagement. This is Northwest’s third year receiving the award.
- Chartway Proudly Congratulates Two Leaders
Chartway is proud to announce the promotion of two leaders to oversee its member solutions center. Zenesha Boney has been selected as Chartway’s director of alternative channels. Additionally, long-time team member, Mary Chavez, has been promoted to director of the member solutions call center.
- ValleyStar Credit Union Announces New Executive Vice President
ValleyStar Credit Union announces Kevin B. Laine as its executive vice president.
- ValleyStar Credit Union Announces New Chief Marketing and Communication Officer
ValleyStar Credit Union announces Becky Freemal as its chief marketing and communication officer to join the executive team and work alongside colleagues to build bold innovation and inspire communication and culture.
- ValleyStar Credit Union Announces New Chief Operations Officer
ValleyStar Credit Union announces that Angela Davis will join its executive team as the chief operations officer. She will lead teams at branch locations throughout Virginia, driving strategy, cultivating trust and building financial stability for our employees, communities, and members.
- Chartway’s We Promise Foundation Awards $670,000 in Charitable Grants
Thanks to its 5th Annual Putting for Promises Golf Tournament, 22nd Annual Charity Golf Classic, and other campaigns, Chartway Federal Credit Union and its We Promise Foundation will make $670,000 in charitable grants to non-profits in both its Virginia and Utah markets.
- Sara DePauw Hired as SVP Lending for Northwest Federal Credit Union
Northwest Federal Credit Union announces the hiring of Sara DePauw as Senior Vice President of Lending. DePauw replaces Erin Krause, who was promoted to Chief Member Experience Officer earlier this year.
- Charitable Grant from Chartway’s We Promise Foundation to Make-A-Wish Greater Virginia Made a Holiday Dream Come True
When it comes to providing joy, hope, and smiles, there’s nothing that can stop Chartway’s We Promise Foundation from delivering on its promise to kid heroes in its communities. Thanks to a charitable grant from Chartway’s We Promise Foundation to Make-A-Wish Greater Virginia, the two organizations were able to make a holiday wish come true for Saani, a nine-year-old girl who battles a critical illness.
- Erin Krause Promoted to Chief Member Experience Officer for Northwest Federal Credit Union
Northwest Federal Credit Union recently promoted Erin Krause to Chief Member Experience Officer (CXO). Krause has been the Senior Vice President of Lending since 2017 and has been employed with the credit union for over 40 years.
- Peoples Advantage Federal Credit Union Announces CEO Patsy Smith’s Retirement; Habansky to Succeed
Peoples Advantage Federal Credit Union and its Board of Directors announced that CEO Patsy Smith plans to retire effective Dec. 31, 2021. Amanda Habansky, the credit union’s Chief Operating Officer, will assume the CEO role with Smith’s retirement.
- DCCU Wins National Award for 2020 Credit Card Campaign
DuPont Community Credit Union (DCCU) received second place in the nation for the 2021 Louise Herring Philosophy In Action Award, according to the Credit Union National Association (CUNA). DCCU was recognized for its unique community campaign – Dine Out and Make a Difference.
- Park View FCU's Debra Mowery Obtains CFP Certification
Park View Federal Credit Union is excited to announce that Debra (Debbi) Mowery has completed the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ exam and obtained her CFP® certification.
- Hampton Roads Educators Credit Union Wins National Awards
Hampton Roads Educators Credit Union (HRECU) received national recognition as a 2021 recipient of the Credit Union National Association’s (CUNA) Dora Maxwell Social Responsibility Community Service Award and the Louise Herring Philosophy-in-Action Member Service Award.
- Hampton Roads Educators Credit Union Awards Financial Literacy Grants to Local Teachers
Hampton Roads Educators Credit Union, Inc. awarded four grants of $150 each to assist educators teaching financial literacy to elementary, middle, and high school students.
- Fort Lee FCU Teams Up to Donate $22,000 to Service Dogs of Virginia
Fort Lee Federal Credit Union was proud to donate $22,000 to Service Dogs of Virginia. Total funds raised were the combined result of three charitable initiatives.
- Chartway Welcomes New Board Members
Chartway is proud to announce that current members of Chartway’s associate director development program, Lara Shields and Ron da Silva, have been appointed to serve on its board.
- ABNB Welcomes New Vice President William Bane
ABNB Federal Credit Union welcomes William E. Bane as its new Vice President of Internal Audit reporting to Charles A. Mallon Jr., President and CEO as well as the ABNB Supervisory Committee.
- Northwest Federal Credit Union Foundation’s Drive for the Driven Golf Tournament Raises Over $136K for Scholarship Program
The Northwest Federal Credit Union Foundation (Foundation) the charitable arm of Northwest Federal Credit Union, recently held their 6th Annual Drive for the Driven Golf Tournament. The money raised from this year’s tournament will benefit the Foundation’s Scholarship Program, which awarded $125,000 in scholarships to individuals and Northern Virginia Community College’s Lifeline and Helping Hands programs earlier this year.
- Blue Eagle CU Encouraging Local Teachers to Apply for $500 Grants
Local teachers of grades Kindergarten - 12th grade can apply for our Blue Eagle Credit Union Teacher Grant. The grant is designed to help teachers fund innovative programs that positively impact students in the communities we serve.
- Virginia Credit Union Launches Financial Series for Women
Virginia Credit Union is launching a free, multi-week, online series in October focused on financial success for women. Michelle Singletary of The Washington Post to kick-off program on Oct. 7
- UVA Community Credit Union Welcomes Louis D. Farina, Jr. As Senior Commercial Loan Officer
UVA Community Credit Union is pleased to welcome Louis D. Farina, Jr. (Lou) as a senior commercial loan officer. Farina will be responsible for building business relationships and providing banking solutions to members with businesses located in the City of Charlottesville, Albemarle County, and the surrounding areas.
- NWFCU Foundation School Supply Drive Provides Nearly 60,000 Supplies to Local Schools
NWFCU Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Northwest Federal Credit Union, recently concluded its Back to School Supply Drive benefitting the Fairfax County IGNITE program as well as local schools and organizations in Loudoun County.
- ValleyStar Credit Union Names New CEO
ValleyStar Credit Union is pleased to announce Mike Warrell as its new chief executive officer (CEO). Mike previously served as president and CEO of Solano First Federal Credit Union ($200M in assets) in Fairfield, California.
- Henrico Federal Credit Union Welcomes a New Vice President
Henrico Federal Credit Union is excited to welcome Jeanne Dotson to the Senior Leadership team as the Vice President of Finance. Dotson will succeed April Lucy when she retires at the end of 2021. Lucy has been in the role of Vice President of Finance for the last 11 years.
- UVA Community Credit Union Proudly Finances St. Mark Lutheran Church Solar Project
UVA Community Credit Union is proud to partner with St. Mark Lutheran Church to fund its solar panel installation, with the support of the Local Energy Alliance Program (LEAP), Apex Clean Energy, and SunDay Solar.
- Tidewater Chapter Donates $23,483 to Local Children's Hospital
In a Sept. 9 check presentation, the Tidewater Chapter of the Virginia Credit Union League donated $23,483 to Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters.
- UVA Community Credit Union Proudly Finances Culpeper Wellness Foundation’s New Recreation Center
Recreation facilities are important for a healthy and vibrant community. That is why UVA Community Credit Union is proud to partner with the Culpeper Wellness Foundation. The credit union is financing a new facility to benefit the area’s residents, while the foundation continues to actively accept donations for its capital campaign.
- DCCU Receives Recognition for 2020 Credit Card Campaign
DCCU received first place in the state-level 2021 Louise Herring Philosophy In Action Award for its unique community campaign – Dine Out and Make a Difference. The Dine Out and Make a Difference campaign encouraged members to use their DCCU credit card to support restaurants during the pandemic.
- BayPort Foundation Announces Official Crawlin’ Crab Race Weekend Sponsors
The BayPort Foundation is pleased to announce it has partnered with Cox Business/Cox Media, Newport News Shipbuilding, and Staples as official race sponsors of the BayPort Foundation Crawlin’ Crab Race Weekend.
- CommonWealth One Federal Credit Union Appoints Frank Wasson As President/CEO
The Board of Directors of CommonWealth One Federal Credit Union is pleased to announce the appointment of Frank Wasson as the credit union’s new President/Chief Executive Officer.
- Justice Federal Credit Union Congratulates Scholarship Award Recipients
Justice Federal Credit Union is proud to congratulate the recipients of the 2021 Building Futures across the Nation Annual Scholarship Competition who exemplified a commitment to furthering their education ? Lark Davidson Cammanday, Caisha Wilkes, Matthew Kwok-Fu Wong, Tyler J. Richards, Marissa Lee Scott, London Amana Jenkins and Alexa Smith.
- ABNB FCU's Mary Ann Melchers Inducted Into DCUC Hall of Honor
ABNB is proud to share that Mary Ann Melchers, Member of our Board of Directors and former Chairperson, has been inducted into the Defense Credit Union Council’s (DCUC) Hall of Honor.
- Chartway’s We Promise Foundation Raises More Than $60,000 for Children Facing Medical Hardship or Illness
With a goal to make dreams and wishes come to life for children facing medical hardship or illness, Chartway’s charitable arm – the We Promise Foundation – recently welcomed supporters to tee up for its 5th Annual Putting for Promises golf tournament. Thanks to the generosity of sponsors and supporters, the event raised more than $60,000 for children in Utah.
- BayPort Credit Union Wins Top Industry Awards in Community Giving, Financial Education, and Member Service
BayPort Credit Union has won in all four award categories in the 2021 Social Responsibility Awards sponsored by the Virginia Credit Union League (VACUL) and the Credit Union National Association (CUNA). BayPort is recognized for its sustained community giving and robust scholarship program, virtual financial education outreach, and enhanced digital wellness tools to members.
- Introducing CUaxis: A Core Community for Credit Unions
Vizo Financial Corporate Credit Union is proud to introduce CUaxis, a community for credit unions that focuses on core processing, collaboration and the cooperative spirit. CUaxis is a place to enhance credit union connections to one another through a common core solution, making the movement’s values of cooperation and people helping people the central focus.
- Hampton Roads Educators CU Wins First Place in State Social Responsibility, Member Service Awards
Hampton Roads Educators Credit Union (HRECU) has won First Place in two categories in the 2021 Social Responsibility Awards sponsored by the Virginia Credit Union League (VACUL) and the Credit Union National Association (CUNA). First-place winners are forwarded to CUNA to compete nationally. National award winners will be announced later this year.
- Beach Municipal Federal Credit Union Awards 2021 Education Scholarships
Beach Municipal Federal Credit Union is pleased to announce that Spencer Glatt and Claire Lundberg are the recipients of this year’s Beach Municipal Federal Credit Union Education Scholarship.
- Freedom First Welcomes Shatenita Horton as Senior Vice President Retail Banking
Freedom First Credit Union is excited to announce the addition of Shatenita Horton as Senior Vice President Retail Banking. Horton has been a leader in the financial services industry for over 25 years and is ready to take on this new position at Freedom First.
- Arlington Community FCU Finances Virginia’s First C-PACE Sustainability Loan
Arlington Community Federal Credit Union (ACFCU) announced it financed an innovative sustainability project as part of Arlington County’s Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy (C-PACE) program. Arlington is the first jurisdiction in Virginia to leverage private sector funding for this type of business sustainability initiative.
- DCCU Named Best Virginia Credit Union by Forbes
For the third year in a row, DuPont Community Credit Union (DCCU) has been ranked as the top Virginia credit union according to Forbes.
- Virginia Beach Schools FCU to Merge With Langley FCU
The Board of Directors and Leadership team of Langley are excited to announce that Virginia Beach Schools Federal Credit Union (VBSFCU) has announced plans to merge with us.
- BayPort Credit Union Named One of Forbes’ Best-In-State Credit Unions 2021
BayPort Credit Union is pleased to announce it has been named to Forbes’ annual list of America’s Best-In-State Credit Unions.
- Chartway Awards Directors’ Memorial Scholarship to Eight Student Members
Chartway is proud to announce that eight student members have been selected to each receive a $3,000 scholarship, totaling $24,000 in financial assistance.
- Vizo Financial & Pittsburgh CUs Unite to Support Walk for Children’s Event
On June 5, 2021, Vizo Financial Corporate Credit Union and six Pittsburgh-area credit unions joined together both virtually and in-person to walk with a cause at the Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation’s Walk for Children’s event. Walk for Children’s is an annual family walk event that benefits Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC – a Children’s Miracle Network (CMN) Hospital – by bringing the community together and raising money for patient care.
- Credit Union Awards $27,000 to Area High School Seniors
UVA Community Credit Union announced the 2020-2021 recipients of its annual scholarship program during its virtual Annual Meeting. Eighteen high school seniors were awarded $1,500 each.
- InFirst, FedStar Credit Unions Announce Merger
InFirst Federal Credit Union and FedStar Federal Credit Union are excited to announce that the two credit unions merged on June 1, 2021.
- BayPort Credit Union Celebrates 60 Years Awarding More Than $1 Million in Scholarship Assistance
BayPort Credit Union and its charitable foundation have awarded $90,000 in scholarships to aid members in pursuing their education dreams.
- TruEnergy FCU Elevates Benson to CEO
TruEnergy Federal Credit Union in Springfield, Virginia, named Scott Benson as its next president and CEO.
- 1st Advantage Announces New Chair and Vice Chair of the Board of Directors
After nine years as Chairman at 1st Advantage Federal Credit Union, Tom O. Cameron, LTC (Ret.), has made the decision to step down from his position and give way to new leadership on the Board of Directors. Succeeding Tom Cameron as the new member elected Chairman of the Board is Sylvester McClellan. McClellan is the institution’s first African American to serve as chairperson in its nearly 70-year history. He has served on the board for 11 years and has been a member of 1st Advantage for over 34 years.
- 1st Advantage Celebrates Grand Opening of Riverside Branch
1st Advantage hosted a ribbon-cutting ceremony in celebration of the grand opening of its newest branch, located inside of Riverside Regional Medical Center in Newport News. The branch relocated from a previous location inside the Riverside complex and is now more centrally located for better access and convenience.
- CommonWealth One President/CEO Announces Her Retirement
After a CommonWealth One Federal Credit Union career spanning 36 years, President/CEO Charlotte Cash has announced she will retire August 6, 2021. She leaves as only the third CEO in the credit union’s 77-year history.
- ABNB's Robin Posey, Bianca Avery Honored By LenderSelect Mortgage Group
ABNB Federal Credit Union is proud to announce that two of its Mortgage Loan Officers (MLO’s), Robin Posey and Bianca Avery, have both won the prestigious national Top 20 Producers Award from the LenderSelect Mortgage Group.
- BayPort Wins Three CUNA Diamond Awards for Marketing Campaigns, Financial Education
BayPort Credit Union is pleased to announce it was honored with three Diamond Awards by the Credit Union National Association (CUNA) Marketing and Business Development Council. BayPort won two Diamond Awards in the Complete Campaign category for its Credit Score and Home Equity promotions and one Diamond Award in the Financial Education category for its Credit Checkup Challenge campaign.
- 45 Industry Leaders Complete Inaugural DEI Certificate Course from CUES® and Cornell University
Talent development leader CUES recently announced 45 credit union leaders have received their Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Certificate, earned by taking the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Certificate Program from CUES and Cornell University.
- 1st Advantage Earns Two Prestigious Awards for Outstanding Marketing Achievements
1st Advantage was recently honored with two Diamond Awards. The annual competition, presented by the Credit Union National Association (CUNA) Marketing & Business Development Council, included 35 categories with over 1200 entries.
- It’s Risk Gone Virtual at Vizo Financial’s 2021 Risk Management Conference
Vizo Financial took risk virtual for credit unions at their 2021 Risk Management Conference on April 14-16, 2021. The conference was held entirely online, where risk management and credit union management staff gathered for three days of education, expertise and fun activities, despite not being in person.
- We Promise Foundation Grants $62,500 to Roc Solid Foundation
Chartway Federal Credit Union’s We Promise Foundation has presented a charitable grant of $62,500 to Roc Solid Foundation, a Chesapeake-based nonprofit that builds hope for kids fighting cancer.
- Baylands Family Credit Union Finds New Ways to Give Back
Baylands Family Credit Union is no stranger to giving back to communities and families near and far. This year the local not-for-profit is looking to make a positive impact on both international and local communities. In early 2021, staff and management met to determine causes staff were passionate about and ways the credit union could be an ally to various groups to partner on projects focused on community impact.
- Riverside Health System Employees Credit Union Now Operating as 1st Advantage Federal Credit Union
Riverside Health System Employees Credit Union (RHSECU) and 1st Advantage Federal Credit Union have completed the final step of its previously announced merger, converting all RHSECU member data to the back-end core processing system managed by 1st Advantage.
- Arlington Community FCU Announces New Leadership Staff
Arlington Community Federal Credit Union announced multiple new hires of key members of the leadership team. Each of these leaders will be responsible for significant priority strategies for the organization.
- Hampton Roads Educators Credit Union Awards Scholarships to High School Seniors, School Employees
Hampton Roads Educators Credit Union (HRECU) awarded four scholarships to local high school seniors and school employees.
- BayPort Credit Union Opens Three New Branch Locations
BayPort Credit Union announced the opening of three new branch locations. As part of the credit union’s continued commitment to convenience and service to members, the three new branches will open in March and April and are located in Gloucester, Chesapeake, and Virginia Beach.
- ValleyStar Credit Union Announces Hiring of Its First-Ever Chief Experience Officer
ValleyStar Credit Union announces Karen DeSalvo as its first chief experience officer (CXO) to further the Credit Union’s vision “to improve the quality of life and the financial well-being of our members, community and employees.”
- Chartway FCU Welcomes Jon Savio, Vice President of Finance
Chartway Federal Credit Union is proud to welcome Jon Savio to serve as its vice president of finance. Savio joins Chartway following more than 20 years of asset-liability management, investment portfolio management, balance sheet strategy, financial reporting, and credit union experience.
- Vizo Financial CEO Will Bid Farewell to Corporate in June 2021
Vizo Financial Corporate Credit Union’s CEO, Jay Murray, will be ending his tenure with the organization in June of this year. Murray, who has been with the Corporate for nearly 30 years, has decided to devote more time to family and personal interests. Since the establishment of Vizo Financial in 2016, Murray has shared leadership responsibilities alongside the Corporate’s president, David Brehmer. The board of directors has selected Brehmer to become the president and CEO of Vizo Financial effective June 1, 2021.
- Riverside Health System ECU Members Approve Merger with 1st Advantage FCU
Riverside Health System Employees Credit Union (RHSECU) members voted overwhelmingly in favor of the merger with 1st Advantage Federal Credit Union. Supported by both credit unions’ Boards of Directors and management, and approved by the National Credit Union Association (NCUA), the merger will take effect on March 31, 2021.
- Chartway Federal Credit Union Announces Two Executive Promotions
Chartway Federal Credit Union is proud to announce that as the credit union continues to grow in a dynamic world, two of its leaders – Rob Keatts and Elizabeth Short – have been promoted.
- ValleyStar Credit Union Looks to the Future with New Interim CEO
ValleyStar Credit Union is pleased to announce Lisa Lambrecht as its interim chief executive officer (CEO) to lead the credit union as it rises to meet the expectations of digital transformation and innovation. As the former CEO of Entrust Financial Credit Union in Richmond and more recently as the executive vice president of ValleyStar, Lisa brings 20 years of experience serving credit unions.
- Chartway Federal Credit Union Announces 2021 - 2022 Board of Directors
Chartway Federal Credit Union is proud to announce that on Feb. 23, 2021, the credit union held its 62nd Annual Meeting virtually. During this time, the CU's membership elected several individuals by acclamation to the board of directors.
- Credit Union Welcomes Joe Raichel as Chief Lending Officer
UVA Community Credit Union is thrilled to announce the hiring of Chief Lending Officer (CLO), Joe Raichel. The new position of CLO reports to credit union President/CEO, Alison DeTuncq and will support the credit union’s strategic direction of consumer, indirect, and real estate lending, as well as business lending and services.
- 1st Advantage Donates Over $20,000 to Local Non-Profits
With the pandemic putting a damper on 1st Advantage FCU's annual 1st A.I.D.E. Day, a day of volunteering and contributing at area non-profits, the credit union instead donated the funds raised by its employee "dress down days" to employee-picked non-profits and charities.
- ValleyStar Credit Union Announces First-Ever Chief Information Officer
ValleyStar Credit Union announces Cheri Spence as its first chief information officer to lead the path of innovation, bringing mutual success, community engagement and a supportive work environment.
- Chartway Federal Credit Union Proudly Welcomes Two Associate Directors
Chartway Federal Credit Union is proud to welcome Lara Shields and Ron da Silva to its associate director development program, designed to provide prepared board succession candidates to ensure board continuity.
- ABNB Welcomes New Executive Vice President Tony Caccese
ABNB Federal Credit Union welcomes Anthony “Tony” Caccese as its new Executive Vice President reporting to Charles A. Mallon Jr., President and CEO. Caccese has been working in finance for over 35 years, beginning as a Staff Accountant in 1986 and quickly rising to managerial and senior leadership roles.
- Chartway Federal Credit Union’s We Promise Foundation Awards $600,000 in Charitable Grants
Chartway Federal Credit Union’s We Promise Foundation is proud to announce that the We Promise Foundation board of trustees has awarded $600,000 in grant funding to deliver joy, hope, and smiles to children facing medical hardship or illness.
- Bellwood Credit Union Welcomes a New Addition to the HFCU Branch Family
Bellwood Credit Union is excited to announce the addition of a new branch on the Defense Supply Center of Richmond’s campus. “Bellwood Credit Union has a more than a 60+ year relationship with DCSR and is happy to be returning to where it all began,” said Jason Ritter, Senior Vice President of Member Experience at Bellwood Credit Union.
- ABNB Announces Michael C. Doland's Retirement
ABNB announces the retirement of Senior Vice President Michael (Mike) C. Doland after 18 years of service at the credit union. His career spanned 46 years in the financial services industry at various credit unions, regional banks and national banks.
- New Hires, Promotions at ABNB FCU
ABNB is proud to share the new roles Thomas Callan, Melissa Harper, and Charlene Kitchens have taken on.
- Kimberly Mills Joins ABNB as Commercial Mortgage Loan Officer
ABNB would like to welcome Kimberly Mills to our Commercial Mortgage team and is also excited to offer Commercial Real Estate Loans and Construction Lending as part of our Commercial Mortgage department.
- Riverside Health System Employees Credit Union to Merge with 1st Advantage Federal Credit Union
Riverside Health System Employees Credit Union (RHSECU), an $8 million credit union located in Newport News, VA has announced their intent to merge into 1st Advantage Federal Credit Union, an $800 million credit union headquartered in Yorktown, VA. The merger is planned for early 2021.
- Freedom First Partners with City of Roanoke to Bring CDBG-CV Grants to Local Microbusinesses
ln response to the economic hardships experienced by microbusinesses resulting from the COVlD-19 pandemic, the City of Roanoke, in partnership with Freedom First, is launching a small business relief grant program utilizing Community Development Block Grant - Coronavirus (CDBG-CV) federal funding.
- An Inside Look at CDFI Credit Unions
Created by Congress in 1994, the CDFI program was designed to combine federal money with private capital to help qualified financial institutions meet the need of under-served communities that typically lack access to affordable loans and safe financial services.
- 1st Advantage Named One of The Top Lending Partners for Virginia by Business Finance Group
Business Finance Group has named 1st Advantage Federal Credit Union one of the top lending partners in Virginia for 2020. In addition, Paul Szabo, Commercial Lending Manager for 1st Advantage, has been named the top lender for the state of Virginia.
- ABNB FCU Announces Appointment of Andrew Keeney to Board of Directors, As Longtime Member David Krause Steps Down
Retired attorney Andrew Keeney joins ABNB Federal Credit Union's Board of Directors following longtime member David Krause's decision to step down after more than 19 years of service.
- Caleb Schlabach Named Mortgage Loan Advisor at Park View FCU
Park View Federal Credit Union is excited to announce the addition of Caleb Schlabach to the Park View Mortgage Advisor team.
- Virginia Credit Union Receives National Recognition for Financial Education
Virginia Credit Union has received national recognition for financial education programs for adults. Virginia Credit Union took first place among large credit unions in the nation for adult education in the Desjardins financial education awards sponsored by the Credit Union National Association (CUNA).
- Local Credit Union Assists Members with Relief Grant
Hampton Roads Educators Credit Union, Inc. (HRECU) assisted 21 members through their COVID19 Loan Payment Relief Program (CLPRP). A total of $9,327.41 was distributed through deferred loan payments. Many members, particularly those outside of the teaching profession, are low-wage workers, often minorities, who feel the economic impact of COVID-19 the most. The credit union CLPRP was offered on a first-come, first-served basis to members by request until the grant funds were nearly depleted.
- Del. Jeion Ward Named League's 2020 Legislator of the Year
Del. Jeion Ward (D-92nd) has been honored by Virginia-based credit unions as their 2020 Legislator of the Year. In a presentation ceremony on Nov. 10, Del. Ward was recognized by the Virginia Credit Union League, the state trade association for the Commonwealth’s 116 member-owned credit unions, for her longstanding support and for recently serving as patron for key credit union legislation during the 2020 General Assembly session.
- Chartway Federal Credit Union Welcomes New Board Member
Chartway Federal Credit Union is proud to announce that Jim Bibbs has been appointed to serve on its board. Prior to his appointment, Bibbs served on Chartway’s associate director development program, designed to provide a prepared slate of board succession candidates to ensure board leadership continuity.
- Freedom First Adds VaLinda Hayes as Mortgage Loan Officer
Freedom First Credit Union is excited to announce the addition of VaLinda Hayes to the Freedom First Mortgage Team. Hayes joins a team of four Mortgage Loan Officers serving homebuyers in the Roanoke and New River Valleys.
- DCCU Supports COVID Relief with Employee 5K
DCCU held its first Virtual 5K where employees were encouraged to walk, run, hike, or bike a 5K between Friday, October 9 and Monday, October 12 over the Columbus Day weekend. They could choose their location to complete the 5K and invite a friend or family member to participate with them. For each participant, DCCU would donate $25 to The Community Foundation’s COVID-19 Response Fund.
- ABNB FCU Promotes Four Employees to New Positions
ABNB is proud to share the promotions of four exceptional employees. In their years at ABNB, these members of our team have demonstrated first-rate leadership abilities and commitment to improving our member experience in each of their respective departments.
- DCCU Recognized for Support of Small Businesses Through PPP
The Virginia Credit Union League recently announced DuPont Community Credit Union (DCCU) as the winner of the 2020 Louise Herring Philosophy In Action Award in the over $1Billion asset size category. DCCU received first place for its approach to helping small businesses navigate the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), a forgivable loan program delivered through the Small Business Administration (SBA) that offers financial support to businesses impacted by the pandemic.
- ABNB FCU Announces Amazon Alexa-Enabled Banking
ABNB Federal Credit Union is thrilled to announce the debut of our new mobile banking access via Amazon’s virtual assistant Alexa! Launching on October 26th, 2020, members will be able to enjoy the convenience of accessing their ABNB accounts 24/7, hands-free, in a secure environment right on their Alexa device from wherever they are.
- DCCU Credit Card Campaign Makes a Difference
To support the needs of local families, DCCU made the commitment to donate 1% of all restaurant purchases to the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank, where every $1 donated helps provide 4 meals. As a result of its Dine Out & Make a Difference campaign, DCCU was pleased to donate $13,394.58 to the Food Bank, which will help provide over 53,000 meals for families in need.
- BayPort Credit Union Promotes Jennifer Little to Lead Mortgage Operation
BayPort Credit Union has promoted Jennifer Little to Vice President, Mortgage. This new promotion is intended to help drive the credit union’s longstanding legacy of service to its Peninsula and Southside communities.
- Langley FCU Foundation's Charity Golf Classic Raises $378,000
Langley for Families hosted its 6th Annual Charity Golf Classic at Golden Horseshoe Golf Club in Williamsburg on Tuesday, Sept. 29, 2020, raising $378,000 in gross proceeds, the highest in its history.
- Chartway Federal Credit Union, Saint Matthews Federal Credit Union Announce Merger Proposal
Chartway Federal Credit Union is pleased to announce that the National Credit Union Administration has given its approval for Saint Matthew’s Federal Credit Union to merge into Chartway. The proposed merger will now go before the Saint Matthew’s membership for a vote to accept the merger proposal, as agreed on by both credit unions.
- BayPort Credit Union Wins First in Financial Education, Community Outreach
BayPort Credit Union has won in all four award categories in the 2020 Social Responsibility Awards sponsored by the Virginia Credit Union League (VACUL) and the Credit Union National Association (CUNA). BayPort is recognized for making youth and adult financial education accessible and engaging, excellence in member service, and sustained community giving.
- 1st Advantage Earns Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Certification for Commitment to Hiring Military Veterans
The Commonwealth of Virginia’s Department of Veterans Services (DVS) has awarded 1st Advantage Federal Credit Union the Virginia Values Veterans (V3) certification for its commitment to hiring military veterans.
- BayPort Credit Union Hires New Vice President, Business Banking
BayPort Credit Union hashired Tonya Edwards to serveas VicePresident, Business Banking. This new appointment is intended to help enhancethe credit union’s continuedcommitment to excellence in business services and banking.
- Credit Unions, Credit Unions Care Foundation Support Roanoke-Area Non-Profits with $10,000 in Donations
Through the Credit Unions Care Foundation, credit unions in the Roanoke Valley recently donated $10,000 to local non-profits.
- New Personalized Financial Wellness Tool Kicks Off with $10,000 Debt Reduction Giveaway
In line with its mission to improve the financial health and wellness of its membership, Call Federal Credit Union has partnered with Enrich, an industry leader in customizable financial education platforms, to launch the Money & Beyond Portal. This new online financial wellness center provides personalized learning experiences with interactive courses, budgeting tools, videos, and more. Users have the ability to set goals, track progress, and level up their financial skills and knowledge with current, relevant educational content.
- Virginia Credit Union Recognized for Financial Education
Virginia Credit Union has received statewide recognition for financial education programs for adults and youth. Virginia Credit Union took first place among large credit unions in the state for adult financial education and second place among large credit unions for youth in the Desjardins financial education awards sponsored by the statewide trade association, the Virginia Credit Union League.
- CU CEOs Seek Seat on FHLBank Atlanta
Two Virginia-based credit union CEOs are seeking a Board seat on the Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta: Jeff Bentley (Northwest Federal Credit Union, Herndon, Virginia) and Charles A. Mallon, Jr., (ABNB Federal Credit Union, Chesapeake, Virginia).
- Chartway FCU Welcomes Jim Bibbs as Associate Director
Chartway Federal Credit Union proudly welcomes Jim Bibbs to its newly established associate director development program, designed to provide a prepared slate of board succession candidates to ensure continuity of board leadership.
- Credit Unions Care Foundation, Roanoke-Area CUs Donate $5,000 to Red Cross
The Credit Unions Care Foundation of Virginia, representing credit unions in the greater Roanoke area, presented a check to the American Red Cross in the amount of $5,000 to aid in the American Red Cross mission to "prevent and alleviate human suffering."
- Chartway Federal Credit Union Proudly Announces Promotion of Fernando Perez to Comptroller
Chartway Federal Credit Union is proud to announce Fernando Perez as its new comptroller.
- 1st Advantage Provides Digital Financial Education to Local Schools
At 1st Advantage Federal Credit Union supporting our communities also means supporting our students. Together with EVERFI, a leading education technology company, we were able to bring a digital-based financial education program to 2,659 students for a total of 12,904 hours of learning across 12 local schools.
- DCCU Expands Mortgage Team
DuPont Community Credit Union (DCCU) is pleased to announce the hiring of Mr. Jay Hutchens as Mortgage Sales Manager and Mr. Joe Wingfield who joins the mortgage team as a Mortgage Advisor serving the Harrisonburg and Rockingham County areas.
- Chartway Federal Credit Union Looks Forward to Welcoming Cadmus Credit Union Members
Following approval from the National Credit Union Administration and the Virginia Bureau of Financial Institutions, Chartway Federal Credit Union (Chartway) is pleased to announce that a July 31, 2020, merger is planned with Cadmus Credit Union (Cadmus).
- Justice Federal Credit Union Awards Scholarships
Justice Federal Credit Union is pleased to announce the recipients of the Building Futures across the Nation, Annual Scholarship Competition.
- Virginia Credit Union’s Move to Online Education Breaks Records
More than 20,000 individuals attended a Virginia Credit Union financial education program in the second quarter of 2020.
- BayPort Awards Scholarships to 16 College Students, Working Adults, and 24 High School Seniors
BayPort Credit Union today announced it has awarded scholarships to 16 college studentsand working adults, and 24 high school seniors.Awarding over $100,000 in scholarships and grants every year, it is BayPort’s intent on helping its member students be happy, healthy, and financially wise.
- Lambrecht, Reynolds Promoted at ValleyStar
ValleyStar Credit Union is pleased to announce the promotion of Lisa M. Lambrecht to the position of Executive Vice President and Andrew Reynolds to the position of Senior Vice President/Chief Financial Officer.
- Langley Federal Credit Union Announces Jean M. Yokum Scholarship Winners
Langley Federal Credit Union has awarded Jean M. Yokum College Scholarships to four deserving college-bound credit union members.
- Beach Municipal Federal Credit Union Awards 2020 Education Scholarships
Beach Municipal Federal Credit Union is pleased to announce that Amber Morse and Caroline Phillips are the recipients of this year’s Beach Municipal Federal Credit Union Education Scholarship.
- Virginia Credit Union Moonlight Ride Cycles on Virtually
The Virginia Credit Union Moonlight Ride has transitioned to a virtual event this year — and registration is now open!
- Hampton Roads CUs, Virginia Credit Union League Recognize Scholarship Winners
Hampton Roads-area credit unions of the Virginia Credit Union League recently presented the Garland K. Keeling Memorial Scholarships to five well deserving Greater Peninsula high school students.
- Chartway FCU Awards Directors’ Memorial Scholarship To Seven Student Members
Chartway Federal Credit Union is proud to announce that seven student members have been selected to each receive a $3,000 scholarship, totaling $21,000 in financial assistance.
- Chartway Federal Credit Union Welcomes Two New Leaders
Chartway Federal Credit Union is proud to welcome two new leaders to its leadership team: Ben Lemoine, chief financial officer, and Rebecca Riordan, chief talent officer.
- $10,000 Grant Awarded to Credit Union for COVID-19 Relief
Hampton Roads Educators Credit Union, Inc. (HRECU) was awarded a $10,000 grant to fund the COVID19 Loan Payment Relief Program (CLPRP). The grant will assist the credit union in helping members financially by deferring their loan payments.
- BayPort Announces Winners of $50k Debt Paydown Sweepstakes
A special education teacher, a small business owner, an elementary school assistant principal, and a retired shipyard worker are among the 10 winners of BayPort's $50k Debt Paydown Sweepstakes, a program that raises awareness of and improves the financial wellness of its members.
- 1st Advantage Foundation Hosts Virtual Baby Shower for Local Military Families (5/27/2020)
- 1st Advantage Awards $12,000 in Scholarships
For nearly 50 years 1st Advantage has been providing scholarships to first-year college students.
- BayPort Donates $150,000 to Area Organizations Impacted by COVID-19
BayPort Credit Union today announced it is donating $150,000 to five local organizations that are helping the Hampton Roads community cope with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- BayPort Renews Focus on Financial Education through an App that Pays Users to Learn
BayPort Credit Union today announced it has launched an exclusive partnership with award-winning mobile financial literacy app provider Zogo.
- Chartway Federal Credit Union Announces 2020 - 2021 Board of Directors
Chartway Federal Credit Union is proud to announce that on Feb. 20, 2020, it held its Annual Meeting at its Headquarters in Virginia Beach, VA.
- Chartway FCU’s Shrey Solanki Selected to Attend CUNA GAC as Crasher
The Virginia Credit Union League is pleased to announce that Shrey Solanki of Chartway Federal Credit Union will be representing Virginia this year! Shrey has been with the credit union for almost two years and his current role is Accounting Specialist. He is a graduate of Old Dominion University in Norfolk, VA.
- Call Federal, RiverTrace Credit Unions Finalize Merger Details
Call Federal Credit Union is becoming a little bit bigger in the greater Richmond community after merging with RiverTrace Credit Union, a financial institution with over sixty years of history in the region. After approval by the National Credit Union Association in mid-2019 and an affirmative vote for the merger at a special RiverTrace member meeting on October 30th, the merger will become official on February 3, 2020.
- ABNB Promotes New Director of E-Services, New Director of Branch Operations
ABNB is excited to share the promotions of Brenda Reed-Olejasz to Director of E-Services, and Leisa Brissett to Director of Branch Operations.
- Beach Municipal Federal Credit Union Celebrates 50 Years
From modest beginnings in a broom closet on the third floor of Building 1 at the Municipal Center, the credit union has grown to more than $120 million in assets and over 11,000 members. With our help, our members have built homes, financed college educations and realized their financial success.
- Hampton Roads Educators Credit Union Awards Financial Literacy Grants to Local Teachers
The grants will help support current or new classroom projects that focus on financial literacy.
- 12 Lucky Winners and One Salvation Army Family Win Holiday Shopping Sprees at Local Kroger Stores
BayPort Credit Union awards 3-minute shopping sprees at local Kroger stores Dec. 12 across Hampton Roads including Virginia Beach, Chesapeake/Portsmouth, Suffolk, Smithfield, Hampton, Newport News/Tabb, Hayes/Gloucester, and Grafton.
- Chartway Federal Credit Union Partners with J&A Racing for Annual Hampton Roads Weekend
The Chartway Norfolk Harbor Half Marathon, 10K, and We Promise Foundation 5K, took place November 22 – 24, 2019, in Norfolk, VA. For the past five years, the race weekend has been presented by Chartway Federal Credit Union in partnership with J&A Racing.
- 1st Advantage Earns First Place Award for Community Service Initiative
1st Advantage has been awarded the Dora Maxwell Social Responsibility and Community Service Award, presented by the Credit Union National Association and the Virginia Credit Union League.
- Chartway FCU's We Promise Foundation Raises $700,000 for Charity
Chartway Federal Credit Union’s We Promise Foundation hosted two inspiring events to raise funds that will bring joy, hope, and smiles to children facing medical hardship or illness. Thanks to the generosity of sponsors and supporters, the 14th Annual We Promise Foundation Gala and 21st Annual Charity Golf Classic raised nearly $700,000.
- League Announces State-Level Social Responsibility Award Winners
Seven credit unions honored for member service, financial education initiatives and community service.
- Chartway Federal Credit Union’s Directors’ Memorial Scholarship Program Awards Seven Scholarships to Student Members
Chartway Federal Credit Union is proud to announce that seven student members have been selected to each receive a $3,000 scholarship, totaling $21,000 in academic support.
- ABNB Announces New Auto Dealer Lending Liaison
Robert S. Henderson Jr. joins ABNB Federal Credit Union as Dealer Lending Liaison in the Loan Center.
- Credit Union Cultivator LLC Welcomes Hampton Roads Educators Credit Union Inc to its Client List
Credit Union Cultivator LLC announced it has on-boarded Hampton Roads Educators Credit Union Inc, headquartered in Hampton, Virginia.
- ABNB Announces New Chesapeake Square Relationship Manager
Yuriko Leverich has joined ABNB Federal Credit Union as the new Relationship Manager at the Chesapeake Square branch. She brings nearly 10 years of financial services experience to the credit union holding multiple branch managerial roles at a variety of banks in the Hampton Roads, Virginia area.
- ABNB Announces New Insurance Operations Manager
Donald Scott Chapman has joined ABNB Insurance as the new Insurance Operations Manager. He brings over 20 years of combined business development and insurance experience to the credit union most recently as owner of The Chapman Agency in Hampton Roads.
- ValleyStar Credit Union Donates $40,000 to Local Children’s Miracle Network (CMN) Hospital
ValleyStar Credit Union raised $40,000 for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals (Southwest Virginia) through its recent golf tournament. The credit union's fundraising efforts included sponsorships, team entries, and ValleyStar employee fundraising, as well as a $10,000 Miracle Match donation from CO-OP Financial Services.
- DCCU Shred Days Help Fight Hunger
DCCU Shred Days are an open invitation for the community to bring personal documents to be shredded for free.
- Bronco Federal Credit Union Awards $22,000 in Scholarships
Bronco Federal Credit Union is pleased to award $22,000 in scholarships to nine high school seniors from the community.
- DCCU Announces 2019 Scholarship Winners
DCCU proudly awarded a total of $26,000 in scholarships to deserving students in its community.
- DCCU Named Top Virginia Credit Union on Forbes List
DuPont Community Credit Union (DCCU) has been ranked as the top Virginia credit union according to Forbes.
- Virginia Credit Union Members, Employees Volunteer Together at Shalom Farms
Nearly 100 Virginia Credit Union employees and members joined in a community service project by installing fencing, building a mobile garden classroom and participating in other farm projects at Shalom Farms on June 1.
Go to main navigation