League President Meets with Senate Republican Caucus
League President Rick Pillow is making the most of the opportunity of attending the Sunday through Monday Senate Republican Retreat by talking one-on-one with many of the members attending the event.
Those discussions included Sen. Glen Sturtevant (R-10), the Richmond area senator slated to take over the chairmanship of the Commerce and Labor Committee should the Republicans retain their majority after the fall elections. Long-time chairman Sen. Frank Wagner (R-7) is not seeking re-election.
Pillow also shared dinner Sunday with another Commerce and Labor Committee member, Sen. John Cosgrove (R-14) and will be sharing the links today with Sen. Mark Peake (R- 22), a member of the Courts of Justice Committee which played a prominent role in this year’s ADA legislation.
As of publication time, Pillow had also met with the following Republican senators:
- Tommy Norment (R-3), majority leader and member of Commerce and Labor;
- Ryan McDougle (R-4), member of Commerce and Labor and Courts of Justice, and caucus chairman;
- Bill Stanley (R-20), member of Commerce and Labor and Courts of Justice, and caucus whip;
- Steve Newman (R-23), member of Commerce and Labor and caucus vice chairman;
- Mark Obenshain (R-26), member of Commerce and Labor;
- Ben Chafin (R-38), member of Commerce and Labor and Courts of Justice;
- Bryce Reeves (R-17), member of Courts of Justice;
- Siobhan Dunnavant (R-12);
- Frank Ruff (R-15);
- Jill Holtzman Vogel (R-27) and
- Bill DeSteph (R-8)
Pillow also talked with Stephanie Fox, the Republican candidate running against Democratic Senate incumbent Jennifer Boysko, for the 33rd District seat.
« Return to "Advocate Blog"Go to main navigation