League Announces Board Election Results; New Officers
Vice President, Public Relations and Communications
800.768.3344, ext. 1629
League Board Elections
Member credit unions elected the following individuals to the Virginia Credit Union League Board of Directors. The election results were announced at the League's Annual Meeting on April 21, in Roanoke.
Congratulations to the following individuals, each of whom is beginning a first term on the Board.
- Kim Little, of Chartway Credit Union, has been elected to a three-year term representing Region 1.
- Bruce Six, of Topside Federal Credit Union, has been elected to a three-year term representing Region 2.
- Mike Warrell, of ValleyStar Credit Union, has been elected to a one-year term representing Region 4.
- Andrew Reynolds, of Blue Eagle Credit Union, has been elected to a three-year term as an At-Large Director.
New League Board Executive Committee
Following the League Annual Meeting, the Board met to elect officers for the coming year.
- Joe Thomas, of NextMark Credit Union, will serve as Chairman.
- Jeff Bentley, of Northwest Federal Credit Union, will serve as Vice Chairman.
- Paul Muse, of 1st Advantage Federal Credit Union, will serve as Treasurer.
- Janine Williams, of UVA Community Credit Union, will serve as Secretary.
We were also pleased to honor two departing Board members who chose not to seek re-election.
|Stan Leicester, of BayPort Credit Union, served for 20 years on the League Board of Directors, including service as chairman in 2008 and 2009. Stan was a driving force behind the creation of the Credit Union House of Virginia and the League’s office in downtown Richmond. He also helped the League raise more than $1 million in contributions from member credit unions to complete the project.|
|Patsy Stuard, of Fort Lee Federal Credit Union, was a two-term member of the League Board, most recently serving as Chairman. She is best known, however, for her many years as a leader in the League’s advocacy work, including service on various advocacy-related committees and for her exemplary support of the Virginia Credit Union Political Action Committee (VACUPAC).|
Go to main navigation