Job Openings: Consumer Loan Underwriter (Chesapeake)
|Announcement Date:||May 19, 2023|
|Location of Position:||Chesapeake|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
ABNB Federal Credit Union is currently seeking a Data Analyst. The Loan Officer analyzes loan requests and makes credit decisions based on lending policy.
- Analyzes current financial position of loan applicants to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit. Makes decisions to approve, deny, or forward the loan request to higher levels of authority for decisioning. Establishes the terms and conditions of loan approval to include collateral.
- Assists the Loan Center Manager in coordination of duties including development and implementation of various lending programs in accordance with project goals and time lines.
- Assists all member facing staff and loan staff with loan application and credit discussions. Assists with the processing and structuring of loans and loan applications. Answers questions regarding loan decisioning and provides feedback to management on quality of applications.
- Ensures loan decisions are in compliance with regulations, policies and procedures. Refers issues that are beyond their authority to their supervisor, along with their recommendations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A high school education or GED.
- Minimum 2 years experience in consumer and or indirect lending.
- Project management experience is desired.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of regulations governing loan approvals.
- Analytical ability to conduct an analysis of loan application quality and make recommendations for action.
- Possess high level of interpersonal skills
- Must be able to operate various office equipment, PC with related software programs, and Microsoft Office Suite with average speed and accuracy.
- Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for the purpose of first-level conflict resolution, building relationships, and soliciting cooperation. Discussions involve a higher degree of confidentiality and discretion, requiring diplomacy and tact in communication.
- Physical qualifications require being able to sit at a computer and other office related
equipment for extended periods of time and be able to lift and carry up to 10 pounds.
- Office and Remote
- Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises and promotions
- Community focused culture that allows networking and involvement in Hampton Roads and Parts of North Carolina
- Employee Benefits (401k match / Company paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability / Tuition reimbursement / Affordable health insurance options)
- An employee-focused, diverse, and member relationship driven workplace environment
Human Resources will only contact qualified candidates upon receipt and review of your résumé. No phone calls please.
** Apply directly at: www.abnbfcu.org/careers **
How to Apply
Upload Your Resume for Consumer Loan Underwriter (Chesapeake)
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation