Job Openings: Bank Secrecy Act Officer (Richmond)
|Announcement Date:||April 14, 2023|
|Location of Position:||Richmond|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
Established in 1967, Henrico Federal Credit Union (HFCU) is a $400 million community-chartered member-owned credit union serving 32,000 members in the Greater Richmond, Virginia area.
We are currently seeking an experienced Bank Secrecy Act Officer to develop, implement and administer all aspects of our BSA / AML compliance and fraud identification / mitigation programs. The ideal candidate must be proficient with BSA / AML laws and regulations as well as fraud detection, investigation and prevention techniques. We're looking for candidates who have at least three years of related experience in BSA / AML compliance, suspicious account activity monitoring and fraud prevention / detection. Demonstrated strong working knowledge of credit union operations, excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal abilities, strong analytical and critical thinking skills, and ability to make time-sensitive, quality independent judgements are a must.
- Develops and maintains BSA / AML and fraud prevention policies, procedures, and programs to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Monitors and investigates account activity and reports any suspicious activity to the appropriate authorities.
- Develops and delivers fraud prevention and BSA / AML training programs.
- Works with other departments to identify and mitigate fraud risks.
- Keeps up-to-date on emerging fraud trends and BSA / AML regulations.
- Assists in the implementation of fraud detection and prevention tools and systems.
- Prepares and files required reports, including Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs) and Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs).
- Conducts periodic risk assessments and recommends appropriate mitigation measures.
A two-year college degree in business, finance, or criminology with Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) and / or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) designations are required, or any equivalent combination of education, certification and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Experience with Jack Henry Symitar (Epysis), FIS ChexSystems, Advanced Fraud Solutions, PSCU and Verafin are preferred.
HFCU offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
All employees are required to pass a comprehensive background check, including criminal and credit histories. An active HFCU membership account (i.e. checking and debit card) within 30 days of employment is also required.
Qualified applicants wishing to join our team should send their cover letter and résumé to Henrico Federal Credit Union, ATTN: Human Resources, 9401 West Broad St, Henrico, VA 23294, JoinOurTeam@HenricoFCU.org or Fax (804) 545-7820. Visit https://henricofcu.org/about-us/employment-opportunities/ for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply
Upload Your Resume for Bank Secrecy Act Officer (Richmond)
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation