Job Openings: Marketing/Business Development Coordinator (Richmond)
|Announcement Date:||November 16, 2022|
|Location of Position:||Richmond|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Monday - Friday|
|Hours:||8 am - 4 pm|
Credit Union of Richmond is looking for a Marketing/Business Development Coordinator.
Cultivate new, and maintain existing, relationships for all facets of corporate relations. Develop and evaluate member research, market conditions and competitor data. Recommend and implement marketing plans as needed. Adhere to all advertisement and disclosure laws, compliance regulations and credit union policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the business development function and monitoring the results against goals and targets for new business development
- Responsible for retaining and expanding existing account relationships and acquiring new members
- Research the demographics of the area in which the credit union operates and determining population groups served by the credit union
- Contact prospective members and business’ to present information on products and services of the credit union
- Serve as the primary liaison and contact for the credit union’ business relationships and maintain ongoing facets of these key relationships.
- Administers and maintains an effective reference file listing names of contact personnel at current members companies.
- Make formal presentations to introduce the credit union to employees; answer questions and provide a resource that encourages participation. Coordinate enrollment meetings.
- Thorough knowledge of the credit union policy and procedures regarding field of membership requirement and service offerings.
- Be a visible presence in the local community while promoting the credit union through business, community and charitable organizations and activities
- Promote all products and services with cross-selling to meet members’ needs
- Responsible for the correspondence and direct marketing programs.
- Maintain and compile monthly statistics for presentation in related marketing reports as required
- Pursues leads on potential new business’ and calls on prospective new companies
- Business Development – visit businesses in the City of Richmond, and Richmond Metropolitan Statistical area to also include small auto dealerships.
- Calls on management and/or contact personnel at current member companies to provide quality service for current members and promote the possible addition of new members and to schedule credit union presentations
- Marketing responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Creation of newsletters
- Updating website; keeping it fresh and compliant; updating rates and promotions
- Member Connect (CUNA) Ser Tech, contact for auto loan recapture, updating letters, etc.
- Vendor Marketing
- Indoor and outdoor signage/brochures
- ATM marketing
- Marketing for VISA credit cards
- Direct mail pieces
- Update newspaper with current rates
- Decorate lobby with promotional items as well as holidays (undecorate as well)
- Financial literacy
- Credit Union Scholarships
- Responsible for updating staff on new marketing pieces and website changes
- Coordinate the CU annual meeting, member appreciation day, cu day, and any other event to include giveaway items, booklets, etc. (Approval must be received in advance before arrangements or purchases from executive management)
- Staff Education: Coordinate educational training or courses/classes as directed by President/CEO. Such as online or in house training.
- Member Financial Literacy: to include presentations, educational sessions, inserts, etc.
- Building facilitator – in events that vendors come in and need escorting (Cintas Shredding, Pest Control, Elevator inspections, fire and smoke detectors, etc)
- Basic understanding of key Federal, State and credit union rules, regulations and laws including, but not limited to: Truth in Lending (Regulation Z), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (Regulation B), Fair Credit Reporting Act, Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (Regulation C), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), National Flood Insurance Act, Federal Fair Housing Law, Privacy and Freedom of Information Act, Soldiers and Sailors Relief Act, Holder in Due Course Rule, Regulations (CC, E &J), Bank Secrecy Act, Patriot Act, UCC 3&4.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Additional duties to include answering phones and handling the greeter’s desk when needed.
Required knowledge and Abilities:
- A thorough knowledge of lending terminology, lending methods, practices and associated key laws and regulations impacting credit unions
- A thorough knowledge of financial services terminology, pratices and associated key laws and regulations impacting credit unions
- Ability to work independently and requires little supervision.
- Intermediate knowledge of:
- Adobe creative
- Word press
- Power point
- Familiarity with credit union philosophy, work procedures and financial institution operations
- Professional, well-developed interpersonal skills, written and verbal skills necessary for servicing members; and projecting a positive image as a representative of the credit union
Training and Experience:
A degree in marketing, communications or a related field, with previous marketing and / or business development experience preferred; direct credit union or financial services experience preferred.
Salary based on experience. Monday – Friday, 8 am – 4 pm. Send résumé and salary requested to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation