Job Openings: Staff Accountant (Chesapeake)
|Announcement Date:||September 7, 2022|
|Location of Position:||Chesapeake|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Based on need|
|Hours:||Based on need|
ABNB Federal Credit Union is currently seeking a Staff Accountant. The Staff Accountant position is responsible for maintaining Credit Union accounting data with skill and accuracy. The position will aid the Accounting Manager in maintaining the financial records of the Accounting Department.
- Prepare reconciliations and research the nature of outstanding items.
- Maintain and process monthly fixed asset depreciation, prepaid amortization, and accruals.
- Process month-end closing entries and assist with financial report preparations.
- Monitor income and expense accounts and prepare accruals to ensure consistency.
- Conduct research and analysis; prepare routine, regulatory and ad hoc accounting reports.
- Research and monitor corporate general ledger direct post activity daily.
- Maintain GL reporting system. Load data files, monitor exception items and update tables.
- Prepare and post daily recurring journal entries.
- Perform job duties of Accounting Specialist in their absence to ensure completion of daily work.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree; Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Three to five years of similar or related experience
- Must be able to operate a PC and related software programs with average speed and accuracy
- Possess time management and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail to include data entry and review.
- Must be able to sit or stand at a computer for extended periods of time and able to lift up to 15 pounds.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with members and employees in person, through electronic communication, and over the phone.
- Experience in Microsoft Suite - must posses an Intermediate to Advanced skill level with Excel to include pivot tables and complex formulas.
- Experience with General Ledger reconciliation and processing.
- Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for the purpose of first-level conflict resolution, building relationships, and soliciting cooperation. Discussions involve a higher degree of confidentiality and discretion, requiring diplomacy and tact in communication.
- Employee Benefits (401k plans and match opportunities / Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability / Tuition reimbursement / Affordable health insurance options)
- Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises and promotions
- Community focused culture that allows networking and involvement in Hampton Roads and Parts of North Carolina
- An employee-focused, diverse, and member relationship driven workplace environment
Human Resources will only contact qualified candidates upon receipt and review of your résumé. No phone calls please.
** Apply directly at: www.abnbfcu.org/careers **
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation