Job Openings: Mortgage Loan Officer (Hybrid) (Yorktown)
|Announcement Date:||August 15, 2022|
|Location of Position:||Yorktown|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Monday - Friday|
|Hours:||9 am - 5 pm|
1st Advantage Federal Credit Union is currently seeking a full-time Mortgage Loan Officer to support our busy Mortgage department at the Kiln Creek Office in Yorktown, Virginia. Scheduled hours will be 40 hours per week between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. This position is responsible for performing a wide range of mortgage lending functions such as conducting interviews with prospective borrowers to analyze financial and credit data, determine financing objectives, advise members of product/pricing policies and guidelines, and gather any additional required information. The successful candidate is reliable, customer service oriented, has strong attention to detail, and possesses strong communication skills. Mortgage origination experience is required.
1st Advantage Federal Credit Union has been serving members in the Hampton Roads community since 1951. We provide financial products and services that help members get ahead, while volunteering our time and resources to civic organizations and nonprofits that share our mission to improve life for each other. Be part of something special. Join 1st Advantage as a colleague and support our community members.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Ensures exceptional customer experience by overseeing loan process from origination to close and providing on-going communication to members and business partners.
- Prospects new mortgage lending opportunities. Meet with members as necessary during various stages of the loan process.
- Achieves production goals as established by 1st Advantage.
- Develop and maintain a successful relationship with internal and external business referral sources.
- Develop Business Referral Network through marketing, cold calling, prospecting, and networking activities.
- Meet with prospective borrowers. Review/analyze financial data and determine borrower financing objectives and goals.
- Present appropriate 1st Advantage products and programs and explain guidelines. Apprise of pricing and lock rate as required.
- Collect supporting loan documentation as required and provide complete package for approval within required time frames.
- Identify appropriate opportunities to sell additional products.
- Maintain current and thorough knowledge of all lending programs, policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Attend and complete all 1st Advantage required training.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience – One year to three years of similar or related experience.
Education – (1) A two-year college degree, or (2) completion of a specialized certification or licensing, or (3) completion of specialized training courses conducted by vendors, or (4) job-specific skills acquired through an apprenticeship program.
Interpersonal Skills – Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for the purpose of first-level conflict resolution, building relationships, and soliciting cooperation. Discussions involve a higher degree of confidentiality and discretion, requiring diplomacy and tact in communication.
- Strong computer skills including a fundamental understanding of MS applications, and previous experience utilizing laptop technology for communication purposes.
- Solid time management skills and the ability to organize, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, across a variety of audiences.
- Ability to analyze and comprehend complex financial data and provide financial alternatives.
- Enthusiasm for assignments and the ability to meet established timelines.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your fully completed application and résumé through our website: https://www.1stadvantage.org/about/careers
To apply via text, please text APPLY24 to (757) 866-3977.
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation