Job Openings: Mortgage Loan Originator (Prince George)
|Announcement Date:||August 5, 2022|
|Location of Position:||Prince George|
|Salary:||This is a commissioned position with unlimited earning potential|
|Days:||Based on need|
|Hours:||Based on need|
Member Advantage Mortgage seeks a Mortgage Loan Originator to handle all mortgages for Homebase Credit Union.
The Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) is responsible for originating first mortgage loans by establishing successful relationships with 3rd parties such as Realtors, Builders, Financial Professionals, and the general public within a designated territory surrounding the credit union offices. The MLO will respond to cold calls, follow-up leads, and will respond to all client inquiries while delivering the desired mortgage experience. This is a commissioned position with unlimited earning potential.
- Be available for referrals. The MLO will be available by phone or in person to help members (or potential members) in the branch office when the credit union has uncovered a need for mortgage expertise.
- Attract new mortgage loan applications by developing referral relationships within the community, specifically with the real estate community; making sales calls to prospective mortgage referral partners.
- Interview loan applicants to obtain personal and financial information, answering questions, and educating applicants on beneficial products.
- Analyze member’s financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility and the proper loan program.
- Document all sales activities in company provided tracking system and keep credit union informed of lead status at all times.
- Participate in Branch meetings, branch sales events, and maintain a positive work environment within the branch.
Education and Experience
- Must be NMLS Licensed (completion of federal and state licensing requirements)
- 3-5 years of successful experience originating, processing or underwriting residential 1-4 family mortgages to the findings of Loan Prospector, Desktop Underwriter, or other proprietary automated underwriting system.
- 3-5 years outside sales experience required, preferably in mortgage sales and including proven ability to handle multiple tasks and stressful situations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of mortgage documents such as deed of trust, appraisals, and Closing Disclosures
- Ability to successfully organize, prioritize, and manage multiple responsibilities
- Ability to handle a heavy workload
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, résumé and completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply on the website, https://www.homebasecu.org/resources/more-resources/careers/.
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation