Job Openings: Chief Lending Officer (Petersburg)
|Announcement Date:||August 3, 2022|
|Location of Position:||Petersburg|
|Days:||Based on need|
|Hours:||Based on need|
Peoples Advantage Federal Credit Union is a proud Certified Community Development Financial Institution. As such, lending strategies are designed to support markets that are traditionally neglected by main street finance. The perfect candidate for this role will have knowledge in Consumer, Real Estate and Commercial Lending and a passion for serving our members and the community. In addition to that, the individual in this position will participate in strategic planning and the development of credit union policies, procedures, and goals, be accountable for the credit union’s administrative management of loan functions, and develop and implement consistent organizational policies and procedures that comply with external regulations
- Responsible for oversight of credit union lending activity related to grant initiatives to support the strategic plan and goals.
- Set the Loan Department’s strategic plans to align with the credit union’s business plan. Establish and ensure the implementation of target goals for the department.
- Accountable for planning, organizing, and directing the credit union’s lending functions, including consumer, member business and real estate.
- Collaborate with other members of the Management Team to ensure the organization is meeting all of it’s strategic goals and initiatives.
- Ensures lending activities result in the credit union achieving its greatest volume potential, providing appropriate profit for the credit union.
- Create the budget for department and track on an ongoing basis for adherence.
- Develop, implement, and monitor policies and procedures in accordance with credit union goals and strategies. Work with other departments to maintain consistency in credit union policies and procedures.
- Oversee and monitor the loan function to achieve its strategic goals.
- Oversee the development and monitoring of performance standards.
- Provide mentoring, coaching, or training to assist and develop managers and staff.
- Research and evaluate the feasibility of new lending products.
- Develop and implement plans for expansion of lending programs. Keep abreast of changes in the industry and changing trends in lending and react to changes in a way that maintains competitiveness.
- Work with loan managers and members on complex issues to prevent loss to the credit union and support the membership.
- Represent and promote the credit union at external functions.
- Comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations related to the position, department and the credit union industry, including but not limited to NCUA regulations, fair lending laws (i.e. Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Consumer Credit Protection Act, Truth in Lending Act, Fair Housing Act and Home Disclosure Mortgage Act). Ensure compliance with the non-discrimination provisions of applicable fair lending laws and regulations.
This description is not intended to be all inclusive. Other duties as assigned by CEO.
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in business management or have worked in a related field with increasing experience in financial services that includes direct management of sales and business/product development.
- The ideal candidate should possess the skills, knowledge, and ability to build relationships and manage teams that lead to new revenue generation and meet production goals.
- May be required to attend off-hours and off-site meetings.
- May be required to work Saturday or evening hours.
- Some traveling required.
Please send résumé along with salary requirements to: email@example.com
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation