Job Openings: Universal Member Services Representative (Williamsburg)
|Announcement Date:||July 19, 2022|
|Location of Position:||Williamsburg|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Monday - Friday; rotating Saturdays|
|Hours:||8:00 am - 6:30 pm; 8:30 am - 1:00 pm|
1st Advantage Federal Credit Union is currently seeking a full time Universal Member Services Representative to support our busy New Town branch. Scheduled hours will be 40 hours per week between the hours of Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. and rotating Saturdays from 8:30 a.m. -1:00 p.m. This position is responsible for performing a wide range of member service functions such as opening/closing accounts, sale referrals and handling member servicing issues. This position will also support the teller line functions through assisting members with their financial transactions involving paying and receiving, handling of negotiable instruments and appropriate cash management. This dual role will support the sales initiatives of the branch by offering credit union products and services, cross-selling, and referring loans and business partner services accordingly and will aid in various areas of branch/retail operations as needed. 1 to 3 years of similar or related experience in a full-service credit union or bank is required. The successful candidate is reliable, customer service oriented, has strong attention to detail, and possesses strong communication skills.
1st Advantage Federal Credit Union has been serving members in the Hampton Roads community since 1951. We provide financial products and services that help members get ahead, while volunteering our time and resources to civic organizations and nonprofits that share our mission to improve life for each other. Be part of something special. Join 1st Advantage as a colleague and support our community members.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Opens new accounts to include all checking, savings, certificates, trusts, business, and organizational accounts, confirming all proper documentation is used for account opening. Ensure that proper disclosures are provided in accordance with credit union policy. Accepts accountability, maintains accuracy, and ensures security of all negotiable items and privacy of our members. Completes all maintenance requests on member accounts in a timely manner.
- Provide information to current, new, or potential members concerning membership eligibility, types of accounts, loan products, services, and member benefits. Actively listens to members and effectively offers appropriate products and services. Increase cross sales and member referrals. Consistently meet or exceed performance goals as established by management.
- Receives and processes member financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals, transfers, payments, issuing money orders, cashier’s checks, gift cards and handles basic account inquiries. Has proficient knowledge of check hold policies with the ability to make check hold decisions. Demonstrates a strong knowledge of regulations pertaining to account transactions to include trusts, estates, IRAs, VA UTMA, and loan products. Manage the operational integrity of personal cash drawer, vault, TCD and has a solid understanding of audit policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining, enhancing, current and potential membership. This could include making sales, courtesy calls in effort to retain current membership and bring in new business.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act and Patriots Act.
- Proactively demonstrate the 1st Advantage FCU core values of integrity, trustworthiness, teamwork and excellence for all members and colleagues.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- To adhere to all major duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- To maintain a thorough knowledge of policies, procedures, and trends in the credit union industry.
- Member service functions are efficiently, effectively, and accurately performed in accordance with policies, procedures, and legal standards.
- Demonstrate proficient knowledge of credit union products and services, to include all types of account offerings and consumer lending products.
- Balance cash drawer proficiently both in cash and non-cash transactions, having no reportable outages or charged back fraud items.
- Achieve the minimum of 100% on individual assigned production goals.
- Proactively seek sales opportunities to cross-sell or refer members accordingly.
- Troubleshoot and resolve member and internal inquiries in a timely, friendly, and accurate manner.
- Maintain the work environment with a businesslike appearance. Uphold 1A image standards.
- Maintain open communication between all colleagues, departments, leadership, and members.
- Maintain a dependable record of attendance and timeliness.
- Completion of “other” tasks as assigned.
Education High school education or GED
Experience A minimum of one year of similar or related experience.
Work involves extensive personal contact with others, may be of a sensitive nature, conflict resolution, building relationships, and soliciting cooperation. Discussions involve a higher degree of confidentiality and discernment.
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, 10 key calculators with basic knowledge of credit union systems, products, and services. Familiarity with positions related laws and regulations to include Reg CC, Truth in Savings, Truth in Lending, CIP, Bank Secrecy Act, and the Patriots act. The ability to work well independently. Excellent written and oral communication skills with proficiency in Word, Outlook, and Excel etc.
Requirements: Offers of employment are contingent on a satisfactory criminal background and credit history check.
Please visit our career page to apply: https://www.1stadvantage.org/about/careers
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation