Job Openings: Mortgage Loan Officer (Chesapeake)
|Announcement Date:||July 12, 2022|
|Location of Position:||Chesapeake|
|Salary:||***This Mortgage Loan Officer is a COMMISSION ONLY position.|
|Days:||Based on need|
|Hours:||Based on need|
ABNB Federal Credit Union is currently seeking a Mortgage Loan Officer. The Mortgage Loan Officer is responsible for originating quality mortgage loans by selling ABNB FCU loan products and services to meet the needs of its membership and participates in related business development activities.
***This Mortgage Loan Officer is a COMMISSION ONLY position.
- Establish and maintain client relationships with assigned branches, members and other professionals working in a complimenting business and who are in a position to refer loan applications to credit union. Suggested activities may include sales calls, application services and working their referrals. The Loan Officer should work closely with the various Relationship Managers and Director Retail Sales to develop member and business partner relationships designed to effectively develop new business opportunities.
- Responsible for overall member interaction with all parties involved on each individual loan that is originated from application to closing; duties to include, but not limited to taking complete and accurate applications, obtaining all necessary support documents, overseeing the loan process by monitoring loan status and ensuring conformity with terms, assisting in collecting additional documents, promptly and effectively communicating loan status to all interested parties and obtaining loan documentation after closings, as directed by management.
- Read and understand all loan programs he/she intends to sell. A responsibility to advise their manager of questions they have or of any possible training needs they may have regarding Credit Union programs or the business in general, to ensure members are given the best possible service.
- Attend educational seminars offered by complimenting businesses and agencies in our community. Keep informed of changing rules and regulations pertaining to the mortgage industry; and any other affiliate that we deem necessary.
- Maintain a professional image and standards consistent with credit union policies and procedures. Maintain a professional, courteous, respectful manner and provide quality service to internal and external customers, vendors, and members. Handle any problem on the loan files that are not considered routine. The Loan Officer will be apprised of and address any problems on their files involving an upset member, a rejected or suspended file, an unusual underwriting condition or a matter which the processor is uncomfortable handling or is determined to be critical to the continued success of the process.
- Maintain designated production levels.
- Quote terms, conditions, and explain various lending options with members and realtors. Preparing members for loan application by informing them of the documents they will need to bring to application.
- Three years to five years of similar or related experience.
- A high school education or GED.
- Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is of a personal or sensitive nature. Motivating, influencing, and/or training others is key at this level. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
- Must qualify for the National Mortgage Licensing System Registry Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient in PC skills, having the ability to learn and use the credit union's equipment and software programs
- Ability to become familiar with the credit union's policies and procedures.
- Must possess mathematical skills such as the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measuring whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must have a valid driver’s license; ability to meet members and clients at various branch locations.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as required
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises and promotions
- Community focused culture that allows networking and involvement in Hampton Roads and Parts of North Carolina
- Employee Benefits (401k plans and match opportunities / Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability / Tuition reimbursement / Affordable health insurance options)
- An employee-focused, diverse, and member relationship driven workplace environment
Human Resources will only contact qualified candidates upon receipt and review of your résumé. No phone calls please.
** Apply directly at: www.abnbfcu.org/careers **
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation