Job Openings: Member Services Representative (Yorktown)
|Announcement Date:||June 22, 2022|
|Location of Position:||Yorktown|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Monday through Friday 8:00-6:30 and rotating Saturdays (twice a month) 8:00-1:30|
|Hours:||Monday through Friday 8:00-6:30 and rotating Saturdays (twice a month) 8:00-1:30|
1st Advantage Federal Credit Union is currently seeking a full-time Member Services Representative to support our busy Kiln Creek Branch. The scheduled hours will be Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. and rotating Saturdays (twice a month) from 8:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. This position is responsible for performing a wide range of member service functions such as opening/closing accounts, sale referrals and handling member servicing issues. This role will support the sales initiatives of the branch by offering credit union products and services, cross-selling, and referring loans and business partner services accordingly and will aid in various areas of branch/retail operations as needed. 1 to 3 years of similar or related experience in a full-service credit union or bank is required. The successful candidate is reliable, customer service oriented, has strong attention to detail, and possesses strong communication skills.
1st Advantage Federal Credit Union has been serving members in the Hampton Roads community since 1951. We provide financial products and services that help members get ahead, while volunteering our time and resources to civic organizations and nonprofits that share our mission to improve life for each other. Be part of something special. Join 1st Advantage as a colleague and support our community members.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Opens new accounts to include all savings and checking products, certificates, trust, business, and organizational accounts ensuring that all proper disclosures are provided in accordance with credit union policy. Accepts accountability, maintains accuracy, and ensures security of all negotiable items. Completes any maintenance to member accounts (i.e., name changes, account changes, etc.) as requested
- Provides information to current, new, or potential members concerning membership eligibility, types of accounts, loan products and membership benefits. Actively listens to members and effectively offers appropriate products and services. Enhances credit union performance by increasing referral volume. Consistently meet or exceed performance goals established for the MSR I position.
- Maintain a knowledge of and adhere to credit union policies and procedures, with particular attention to the Bank Secrecy Act and the Patriot Act.
- Responsible for building and retaining current and potential membership. This could include making sales and courtesy calls to members in an effort to retain current membership and bring in new business.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned to include Teller functions.
- Ensures that member service functions are professionally delivered in a timely manner and that the credit union’s professional reputation is maintained.
- Member service functions are efficiently, effectively, and accurately performed in accordance with established policies, procedures, legal standards and security procedures.
- Demonstrate proficient knowledge of credit union products and services to include all types of account offerings and consumer lending products.
- Develop knowledge of and consistently follow credit union policies and procedures.
- Consistently achieves goals established for position as documented on credit union scorecard.
- To maintain a dependable record of attendance and timeliness.
- To proactively demonstrate the 1st Advantage FCU core values of integrity, trustworthiness, teamwork and excellence for all members and colleagues.
Knowledge and Skills:
One year to three years of similar or related experience.
A high school education or GED.
Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for the purpose of first-level conflict resolution, building relationships, and soliciting cooperation. Discussions involve a higher degree of confidentiality and discretion, requiring diplomacy and tact in communication.
Basic knowledge of credit union information systems and accounting functions
Familiarity with position related laws and regulations such as Regulation CC, Truth in Savings, Bank Secrecy Act and the Patriot Act
Solid organizational skills
Possess excellent communication and public relation skills
Demonstrates a willingness to assist others
Please visit our career page to apply: https://www.1stadvantage.org/about/careers
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation