Job Openings: Call Center Member Services Representative-eBranch (Yorktown)
|Announcement Date:||July 1, 2022|
|Location of Position:||Yorktown|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Monday through Friday 8:30-5:30 and rotating Saturdays 8:30-1:00|
|Hours:||Monday through Friday 8:30-5:30 and rotating Saturdays 8:30-1:00|
1st Advantage Federal Credit Union is currently seeking a full-time Call Center Member Services Representative-eBranch to support our busy e-Branch. This branch operates like a call center receiving both telephone & digital (chat, email) member requests. This position will assist members and potential members with their telephone requests, explain services, respond to problems, and direct phone calls to the appropriate area. The selected candidate must be available to work 40 hours per week Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30-5:30 and rotating Saturdays from 8:30-1:00. The successful candidate is reliable, customer service oriented, has strong attention to detail, and possesses strong communication skills.
1st Advantage Federal Credit Union has been serving members in the Hampton Roads community since 1951. We provide financial products and services that help members get ahead, while volunteering our time and resources to civic organizations and nonprofits that share our mission to improve life for each other. Be part of something special. Join 1st Advantage as a colleague and support our community members.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assists members and potential members with their telephone service requests; answers questions about products and services and resolves problems that are within their authority to resolve (tier 1); refers problems that are beyond their skill set to fellow colleagues, (Tier 2) and refers problems that are beyond their authority to their supervisor (tier 3), along with their recommendations.
- Identifies cross-sell opportunities and refers cross-sell services to an MSRII - Call Center or MSRIII - Call Center.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned to include Teller functions.
- Maintain a knowledge of and consistently adheres to 1st Advantage policies and procedures.
- To provide informed, prompt, professional and accurate service and support to all members and associates. Answer telephone within three rings, respond to messages within two hours.
- To direct all phone calls to the appropriate person with minimum transfers.
- To process member transactions with zero errors.
- To proactively seek opportunities to cross sell products and services for the betterment of the member and referring such opportunities to an MSRII - Call Center or MSRIII - Call Center.
- To proactively demonstrate the 1st Advantage FCU core values of integrity, trust, hard work and dedication, passion and vision.
- To maintain a professional work environment and business-like appearance. Uphold the 1st Advantage image standards.
Knowledge and Skills:
One year to three years of similar or related experience.
A high school education or GED.
Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for the purpose of first-level conflict resolution, building relationships, and soliciting cooperation. Discussions involve a higher degree of confidentiality and discretion, requiring diplomacy and tact in communication.
Basic knowledge of credit union information systems
Good communication and listening skills
Ability to work at a fast pace with minimal distractions
Demonstrates a willingness to assist others
Please visit our career page to apply: https://www.1stadvantage.org/about/careers
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation