Job Openings: Member Services Representative (Fort Eustis)
|Announcement Date:||May 12, 2022|
|Location of Position:||Fort Eustis|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Monday - Friday|
|Hours:||8:00 am - 6:30 pm|
1st Advantage Federal Credit Union is currently seeking a full-time Member Services Representative to support our busy Fort Eustis Branch. The scheduled hours will be Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. This position is responsible for performing a wide range of member service functions such as opening/closing accounts, sale referrals and handling member servicing issues. This role will support the sales initiatives of the branch by offering credit union products and services, cross-selling, and referring loans and business partner services accordingly and will aid in various areas of branch/retail operations as needed. 1 to 3 years of similar or related experience in a full-service credit union or bank is required. The successful candidate is reliable, customer service oriented, has strong attention to detail, and possesses strong communication skills.
1st Advantage Federal Credit Union has been serving members in the Hampton Roads community since 1951. We provide financial products and services that help members get ahead, while volunteering our time and resources to civic organizations and nonprofits that share our mission to improve life for each other. Be part of something special. Join 1st Advantage as a colleague and support our community members.
- Opens new accounts to include all savings and checking products, certificates, trust, business, and organizational accounts ensuring that all proper disclosures are provided in accordance with credit union policy. Accepts accountability, maintains accuracy, and ensures security of all negotiable items. Completes any maintenance to member accounts (i.e., name changes, account changes, etc.) as requested
- Provides information to current, new, or potential members concerning membership eligibility, types of accounts, loan products and membership benefits. Actively listens to members and effectively offers appropriate products and services. Enhances credit union performance by increasing referral volume. Consistently meet or exceed performance goals established for the MSR I position.
- Maintain a knowledge of and adhere to credit union policies and procedures, with particular attention to the Bank Secrecy Act and the Patriot Act.
- Responsible for building and retaining current and potential membership. This could include making sales and courtesy calls to members in an effort to retain current membership and bring in new business.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned to include Teller functions.
- Ensures that member service functions are professionally delivered in a timely manner and that the credit union’s professional reputation is maintained.
A minimum of one year customer service experience in a financial institution.
A minimum education of a high school diploma or GED.
Please visit our career page to apply: https://www.1stadvantage.org/about/careers
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation