Job Openings: Compliance Specialist I (Yorktown)
|Announcement Date:||May 12, 2022|
|Location of Position:||Yorktown|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Based on need|
|Hours:||Based on need|
1st Advantage Federal Credit Union is hiring for the Compliance Specialist I (On-site) position at the Kiln Creek Office. Provides assistance in assuring Credit Union activities comply with applicable Bank Secrecy Act federal and state laws and regulations, and NCUA rules and regulations. Compiles, analyzes, and performs related assessments as required. Ensures management is informed of department updates and any significant issues. Assist in accomplishing the Credit Union’s mission, goals and initiatives.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Monitors and analyzes financial transactions utilizing anti-money laundering software (AML) ensuring proper filing of Currency Transaction Reports and Suspicious Activity Reports. Conduct investigations alongside Law Enforcement Officials when deemed necessary. Monitor Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC compliance processes. Must maintain current working knowledge of AML software.
- Adjustments, chargebacks, disputes and fraud processing, and Debit MasterCard settlement functions, are efficiently, effectively, and accurately performed in accordance with established policies, standards, and program requirements.
- Process requests for information through various sources to include SSA-SSI Medicaid, subpoena submission, Verification of Deposit requests, OFAC, and handle incoming calls from members and colleagues with requests for assistance.
- Completion of delegated duties and other responsibilities as deemed necessary within appropriate, assigned deadlines. Complete required training sessions as assigned.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a strong professional compliance program and ensure banking regulations and statutory requirements are adhered to. Maintain departmental procedures for business continuity purposes.
- Maintains professional business relations with internal/external support and technical service contacts. Maintains effective communications and coordination with organizational colleagues and management.
- Maintain a high-level understanding of compliance related policies with federal and state regulations.
- Assists Compliance leadership with policy/procedural updates as laws change.
- Ensure accurate and proper completion and filing of Currency Transaction and Suspicious Activity reports.
- Assists in document production in relation to regulatory audits and examinations.
- Maintain proactive approach for detection and prevention of suspicious activity, especially through use of automated tools.
- Assist with monitoring activities of regulatory requirements pursuant to the Anti-Money Laundering program and various industry regulations.
- Timely turnaround of requested documentation to colleagues and outside legal sources.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Two to four years financial institution compliance related experience.
Education: A high school diploma or equivalent. Computer related coursework preferred.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work requires you to be attentive to detail and possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Other Skills: Quality organizational skills, math and analytical ability. Excellent communication and PC skills to include a strong working knowledge of MS Office software. Willing to learn and apply knowledge when working with new programs and software. A working knowledge of the USA PATRIOT ACT.
Physical Requirements: Approximately 75% or more of time (constantly) is spent working at a desk. Balance of time (25% or occasionally) is spent moving around work areas.
Please visit our career page to apply: https://www.1stadvantage.org/about/careers
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation