Job Openings: Commercial Loan Officer (Yorktown)
|Announcement Date:||May 11, 2022|
|Location of Position:||Yorktown|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Monday - Friday|
|Hours:||8:30 am - 5:00 pm|
1st Advantage Federal Credit Union is currently seeking a full-time Commercial Loan Officer (on-site and traveling) to support our busy Business Services department at the Kiln Creek Office in Yorktown, Virginia. Scheduled hours will be 40 hours per week between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. This position is responsible for developing and managing new and existing business banking relationships. The successful candidate is reliable, customer service oriented, has strong attention to detail, possesses strong communication skills, and will continually meet established production goals.
1st Advantage Federal Credit Union has been serving members in the Hampton Roads community since 1951. We provide financial products and services that help members get ahead, while volunteering our time and resources to civic organizations and nonprofits that share our mission to improve life for each other. Be part of something special. Join 1st Advantage as a colleague and support our community members.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Develop new business banking relationships that increase loan and deposit wallet share through the sale and cross-sell of Credit Union products and services within assigned territory.
- Actively manage assigned existing business banking clients resulting in increased share of wallet, managed credit risk, and account relationships.
- Serve as the main point of contact for premier or affluent new and existing member relationships, using an advice-based approach ensuring each member receives the best products and services for his or her complex banking needs.
- Build and monitor client referral pipeline via identification and development of centers of influence including accountants, attorneys, and other referral sources to develop business.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Meet and exceed individual and department goals and objectives.
- Adhere to all major duties and responsibilities listed above.
- Build rapport and earn confidence of business owners and premier member relationships.
- Promote partnership between colleagues and other lines of business.
- Take ownership of any member or colleague problems/issues until complete.
- Demonstrate knowledge of financial products and banking regulations
- Be knowledgeable of personal and commercial financial statements, commercial lending, and market competitiveness
- Represent 1st Advantage in the community in a professional manner.
- To maintain a thorough knowledge of policies, procedures and trends in the credit union industry.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience Three years to five years of similar or related experience.
Education College degree in finance, accounting, or a related area, or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Planning, organizing, and directing. Understanding of ACH, Truth in Savings and Lending, IRA, mortgages, and other products including credit union's information systems and underwriting guidelines. Keyboard skills. MS Windows and Office products. Strong, friendly voice and good diction. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record required.
Physical Requirements: Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
Please visit our career page to apply: https://www.1stadvantage.org/about/careers
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation