Job Openings: Collector (Chesapeake)
|Announcement Date:||March 23, 2022|
|Location of Position:||Chesapeake|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Based on need|
|Hours:||Based on need|
ABNB Federal Credit Union is currently seeking a Collector. Collectors receive members by telephone; provides general credit union information and collects past due delinquent accounts by telephone and written correspondence.
- Contacts delinquent accounts by phone and mail; takes appropriate action to bring current.
- Analyzes financial situation of delinquent borrowers; makes recommendations to repossess collateral when other arrangements to bring the loan current are unsuccessful.
- Maintains accurate files and reports on all collections activity.
- Informs management of trends in loan underwriting contributing to delinquent/charged-off loans.
- Testifies at legal proceedings as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One to three years of similar or related experience
- Must be able to operate a PC and related software programs with accuracy and speed
- Physical qualifications include standing or sitting at a computer for extended periods of time and the ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Collections experience is preferred
- Active listening and outstanding interpersonal skills are required to effectively communicate with employees and members both in person and by phone
- Employee Benefits (401k plans and match opportunities / Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability / Tuition reimbursement / Affordable health insurance options)
- Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises and promotions
- Community focused culture that allows networking and involvement in Hampton Roads and Parts of North Carolina
- An employee-focused, diverse, and member relationship driven workplace environment
Human Resources will only contact qualified candidates upon receipt and review of your résumé. No phone calls please.
** Apply directly at: www.abnbfcu.org/careers **
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation