Job Openings: Financial Accounting Specialist I (Yorktown)
|Announcement Date:||December 21, 2021|
|Location of Position:||Yorktown|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Based on need|
|Hours:||Based on need|
1st Advantage Federal Credit Union is currently hiring for the on-site Financial Accounting Specialist I position at our Kiln Creek Office.
Responsible for analyzing and reconciling detailed general ledger accounts, daily work, end of the month reports, and financial reconciliations as assigned. Performs all accounts payable functions. Keeps records and accounts accurate and current. Researches and resolves outages, discrepancies, and accounting errors. Completes related reports, summaries, and records. Performs clerical duties and assists with financial accounting functions as required.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assumes responsibility for accurate and timely completion of assigned functions including TCM, Accounts Payable, Bank Rec, GL Reconciliations, Trailer Totals, SWM files, and GL Posting corrections.
- Assumes responsibility for effectively researching, tracking, and resolving problems and discrepancies within assigned duties and related tasks.
- To complete required training, work on projects, and perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Reconciles TCM daily to include, processing proof corrections, review of duplicate items report, and review of EL balances.
- Performs all aspects of processing Accounts Payable to include, processing invoices for payment, ensuring timely payment, and proper GL classification.
- Process daily/monthly bank reconciliation to include working the stale checks.
- Balance the trailer totals daily, to include researching outages, posting corrections, and validating information.
- Performs other General Ledger reconciliation’s as assigned to include, reviewing end of month reports, reviewing end of month over/short GL’s & ending cash GL’s, and researching entries.
- Assists in maintaining record retention schedule, updating FAD procedure manual, inventory list, and misc. typing as needed.
- Processes unclaimed property report and ensures timely submission to the state of Virginia.
- Performs departmental cross-training and assists other Financial Accounting Department colleagues as required.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relationships with all credit union personnel to include, keeping supervisor informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Attends and participates in meetings and completes special projects as required while maintaining a clean, secure, and well-maintained work area.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Experience One year to three years of similar or related experience. Knowledge of basic accounting concepts and procedures, including account reconciliations. Knowledge of related computer applications.
Education: A two-year degree in Accounting or related field, or equivalent experience.
Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for the purpose of first-level conflict resolution, building relationships, and soliciting cooperation. Discussions involve a higher degree of confidentiality and discretion, requiring diplomacy and tact in communication.
Other Skills Well organized and detail oriented. Good math skills. Attentive to detail and accurate. Able to use PC, calculator, and other basic business machines.
Please visit our career page to apply: https://www.1stadvantage.org/about/careers
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation