Job Openings: Virtualization Administrator (Yorktown)
|Announcement Date:||December 21, 2021|
|Location of Position:||Yorktown|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Based on need|
|Hours:||Based on need|
1st Advantage Federal Credit Union is currently hiring for the on-site Virtual Administrator position at the Kiln Creek office in Yorktown, Virginia.
The virtualization administrator will be responsible for ensuring the credit unions virtual environment is highly available and adequately maintained. Must be able to manage all aspects of our vCenter virtual environment including storage, networking, and compute resource configuration. Must ensure adequate replication of data and compute resources to/from our recovery facility to recover from a critical disaster. Will be responsible for managing the credit unions backup systems including storage replication, offsite and on-prem data backups, backup retention, and azure tenant backups.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Manages all aspects of our virtual infrastructure including SAN storage, virtual networking, and compute resources. Must be familiar with NFS, CIFS, iSCSI in an enterprise storage environment. Must be familiar with vSwitch and vDSwitch configuration and management. Must be Familiar with DRS and HA configuration within a VMWare environment.
- Must monitor resource requirements and anticipate need for growth of compute, network, or storage on a regular basis.
- Must be able to leverage advanced troubleshooting techniques to diagnose issues and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Cross-train in other infrastructure disciplines (Server Admin, Network, and Security) to provide backup in the event of unexpected situations.
- Must ensure the prompt response to and recovery from systems and network related production interruptions, across multiple hardware platforms, networks and operating systems.
- Must anticipate network and security risks and mitigate critical threats in a timely manner per credit union policy.
- Must manage credit union virtual and physical device inventory to ensure credit union assets are adequately tracked and that the credit union is compliant with third party license requirements.
- Must always be working to improve the efficiency of the credit union’s technology infrastructure by deploying current generation tools in favor of legacy solution.
- Must provide to your supervisor’s requirements for hardware and software purchases to meet the needs of the application support teams on product deployment.
- To proactively demonstrate 1st Advantage FCU's core values of integrity, trustworthiness, hard work and dedication, passion and vision.
- Must complete ongoing technology training requirements each quarter. Continuing education is a critical part of your employment with 1st Advantage and failure to meet those training requirements will result in disciplinary action.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Five years to eight years of similar or related experience.
Education: (1) A bachelor’s degree, or (2) achievement of formal certifications recognized in the industry as equivalent to a bachelor's degree (e.g. information technology certifications in lieu of a degree).
Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Hands on experience with VMWare virtual environment in an enterprise setting.
Technical planning and project management experience.
Ability to discuss technical issues effectively with other data processing professionals as well as non-technical users.
Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
Ability to work and travel independently and use general office equipment, give speeches and make presentations.
Must continually peruse applicable training and certification programs to keep skills relevant and up to date. Will be required to submit an annual career development program to supervisor which will be reviewed during regularly scheduled performance reviews.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
CLIMBING: Includes ladders, step stools, etc., for access to ceiling, storage, and other utility areas.
STOOPING: Bending downward and forward at the waist. Requires full use of lower extremities and back muscles.
KNEELING: Resting on knee or knees required frequently for servicing of computer equipment.
CROUCHING: Bending downward and forward at the leg and spine. Required frequently.
REACHING: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
STANDING: For extended time periods.
WALKING: Above average requirement for walking, carrying objects.
Please visit our career page to apply: https://www.1stadvantage.org/about/careers
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation