Job Openings: Network Administrator (Yorktown)
|Announcement Date:||December 21, 2021|
|Location of Position:||Yorktown|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Based on need|
|Hours:||Based on need|
1st Advantage Federal Credit Union is hiring for the on-site Network Administrator position at the Kiln Creek office.
Primarily responsible for the management of the corporate LAN/WAN/WLAN environment. The Network Administrator will be expected to ensure all credit union owned and third-party network devices are configured in a manner that ensures resilience and availability. Ensures devices are regularly updated and monitored to ensure adequate bandwidth allocation. Also creates and regularly maintains technical network documentation, diagrams, configurations, test plans, availability reports and backup procedures for review by management. Is also responsible for managing the on-prem and hosted telephony solution at the credit union including the IVR and Fax servers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Manages all aspects of our network infrastructure including routers, switches, wireless access points, and firewalls ensuring those devices are maintained, documented and monitored.
- Evaluates network systems to anticipate and react to performance bottlenecks and provide solutions to meet current and future capacity requirements.
- Must be able to leverage advanced troubleshooting techniques to diagnose communications issues and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Cross-train in other infrastructure disciplines (Storage, Server Admin, Virtualization, Security) to provide backup in the event of unexpected situations.
- Must ensure the prompt response to and recovery from systems and network related production interruptions, across multiple hardware platforms, networks and operating systems.
- Must anticipate network and security risks and mitigate critical threats in a timely manner per credit union policy.
- Must manage credit union network device inventory to ensure credit union assets are adequately tracked and that the credit union is compliant with third party license requirements.
- Must always be working to improve the efficiency of the credit union’s technology infrastructure by deploying current generation tools in favor of legacy solution.
- Must provide to your supervisors requirements for hardware and software purchases to meet the needs of the application support teams on product deployment.
- To proactively demonstrate 1st Advantage FCU’s core values of integrity, trustworthiness, hard work and dedication, passion and vision.
- Must complete ongoing technology training requirements each quarter. Continuing education is a critical part of your employment with 1st Advantage and failure to meet those training requirements will result in disciplinary action.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Five years to eight years of similar or related experience.
Education: Relevant Certifications or Equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in a relevant field).
Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Previous data processing experience including networks, PCs, data communications, mainframe and PC programming and data organization.
Technical planning and project management experience.
Ability to discuss technical issues effectively with other data processing professionals as well as non-technical users.
Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
Ability to work and travel independently and use general office equipment, give speeches and make presentations.
Must continually peruse applicable training and certification programs to keep skills relevant and up to date. Will be required to submit an annual career development program to supervisor which will be reviewed during regularly scheduled performance reviews.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
CLIMBING: Includes ladders, step stools, etc., for access to ceiling, storage, and other utility areas.
STOOPING: Bending downward and forward at the waist. Requires full use of lower extremities and back muscles.
KNEELING: Resting on knee or knees required frequently for servicing of computer equipment.
CROUCHING: Bending downward and forward at the leg and spine. Required frequently.
REACHING: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
STANDING: For extended time periods.
WALKING: Above average requirement for walking, carrying objects.
Please visit our career page to apply: https://www.1stadvantage.org/about/careers
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation